Join Data Technologies Decoder team as a Data Engineer
As a Data Engineer, you will work collaboratively on a team of engineers and data scientists to acquire, analyze, transform and move large, complex datasets in a ML/NLP solution. You will assist in the design, development and scaling of our ambitious machine learning and natural language processing solution data pipelines. Leveraging the latest techniques and data tools, this unique opportunity will aim to unlock the hidden potential in billions of records and enrich the quality of data provided by our automotive reporting products delivered daily to consumers across the globe.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Team CARFAX knows their work has purpose and everyone contributes to our mission to help consumers throughout the lifecycle of buying, owning and selling used cars. Our culture offers a unique blend of a high achieving; high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting and our employee-focused culture is consistently honored as a “Best Place to Work”.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Acquire, analyze, transform and move large, complex datasets
- Provide expertise and lead architectural decisions for scalable data pipelines
- Architect robust solutions to handle large collections of data
- Participate in the design and development of our deep learning, ML and NLP solution data pipelines
- Contribute data engineering knowledge to teams engaged in machine learning activities
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and CARFAX
As a Data Engineer, you will be expected to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science (or related field of study)
- 2+ years of data engineering experience designing, building and operationalizing data solutions
- Hands on experience with big data systems like Hadoop, Spark, AWS EMR, Azure HDInsights, etc.
- Experience participating and contributing to architectural assessments, proposing architectural options and performing required analysis to finalize preferred data solutions
- Ownership level accountability on data consistency and accuracy.
- Ability to articulate advantages and disadvantages of alternative data architectures and make recommendations to the business
- Experience or knowledge of integrating data solutions with deep learning/ML/NLP algorithms and solutions
- Industry knowledge creating ETLs to extract, translate and load large datasets
- Understanding of common software engineering skills and practices (version control, build pipelines, etc.).
- Good communication skills; team player.
You will also need established experience in and/or knowledge of:
- Programming languages like Python, Scala or Clojure
- Available industry cloud solutions from Azure, AWS or GCP and their big data services
- Architecting dataflows to create usable datasets leveraging tools like MapReduce or BigQuery, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Git version control
Carfax, a unit of IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by Carfax vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, Carfax provides exclusive services like Carfax Used Car Listings, myCarfax, Carfax History-Based Value and the flagship Carfax® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. Carfax owns the world's largest vehicle history database and is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Own, Sell – Show me the Carfax™. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.