Technical Project Manager
WP Engine empowers everyone—from entrepreneurs to global brands—to build breakthrough digital experiences on WordPress and drive their business forward faster. We’re on a mission to help our customers win online, so we built the world’s leading WordPress digital experience platform that provides the agility, performance, intelligence and integration customers need to stay ahead.
We are a high growth technology company. We offer a fast-paced, dynamic work environment for passionate people who want to learn, innovate and positively impact the lives of customers, team members and communities.
What's Cool About This Job?
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join the Digital Experience team within Marketing. As our project manager, you will be a driving force to keep our team, stakeholders, and projects on track. He or she will lead efforts on multiple projects across a number of strategic priorities ranging from website development to martech integration to digital product design (and everything in between). The ideal candidate will have experience managing the entire process—scoping work, developing project plans, assigning resources, and handling delivery, QA and launch. Come join our team in the heart of downtown Austin!
The Day to Day
The Technical Project Manager will work with the Digital Experience team on key marketing initiatives and participate in the software development process. This role will provide solutions and options to mitigate risks and lead a team of people with different skill sets towards a unified goal by guiding each member to complete their unique deliverables on time. Working closely with various departments and disciplines, they will act as a communications liaison to ensure project success and that all needs and objectives are translated into effective solutions. They will need to be proficient in current PM tools and software such as Jira, Asana, Miro and Trello, in order to track and report on the overall project and individual team member progress throughout the project lifecycle. They will be responsible for resolving conflicts and optimizing gains along the way.
The project manager will also facilitate communication and collaboration with teams outside of marketing. This can include system administrators, software engineers, business partners, and other key players to support the design, development and deploy process.
- Manage and own digital project schedules, assets, documentation, QA, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverable dates are clearly communicated, understood, and executed
- Represent project status, issues and risks effectively with senior leadership using a high degree of professional confidence and credibility
- Prepare for and lead scrum meetings, demonstrations, retrospectives, project planning sessions, and D5 process documentation
- Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, solicit and act on client feedback and provide solutions
- Demonstrate solid leadership, confidence, and teamwork, with logical decision-making skills while maintaining an open mind to new ideas and processes
- Collate action items and client feedback to manage the iteration process
- Proactively anticipate potential issues and mitigate risks to enable on-time delivery with expected scope/quality
- Understand project goals and expectations to assess the impact of overall release management strategies
Your Expertise and Passion
If we were to design the ideal candidate, she or he would look something like this:
- Experienced. You have 5+ years of agency project management experience or with related digital experience in marketing.
- Skilled. You have led teams utilizing Scrum/Agile and Kanban methodologies. You know when and how to use these methodologies, and can train team members on these methodologies. Program Increment (PI) Planning experience and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Organized. You can analyze, define, document, and communicate project timelines, release plans, and supporting materials.
- Technical. You have the ability to break down project phases into technical tasks and sub-tasks, working with Design and Development leads to assign tasks to team members.
- Communicator. You have excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills with the personality to lead negotiations between diverse project partners.
- Learner. You’re able to quickly learn web technologies and infrastructure, including content management, web analytics, search engine marketing, website usability, etc.
- Passionate. You are a fan of the brand we’re building. You crave responsibility and want to build on our vision for the brand and its digital experiences.
- Values driven. You believe in and will make decisions based on our core values.
- Strategic. You have strong experience guiding teams in high-reaching and dynamic businesses.
- High EQ. You understand people, and can collaborate and direct others effectively and harmoniously.
- Self-starter. You’re willing to take action and able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Resourceful. You can independently solve problems and translate high-level goals into actionable plans.
- Entrepreneurial. You roll up your sleeves to execute and drive initiatives to fruition, leaving your ego at the door.
- Resilient. You’re pragmatically optimistic, showing grit to overcome obstacles and achieve success.
- Networker. You can inspire, motivate and influence people at all levels—including executives—across a variety of job functions.
- Proven. You have a track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment.
The Perks and Benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
To find out more information about WP Engine, please visit our Careers Page at wpengine.careers!