Technical Product Manager, Marketing Platforms
Introduction to the Team:
Wayfair’s Marketing Platforms team is searching for a strong product leader to build stunning products that solve some of our most difficult business problems. Through cross-departmental coordination and a hefty appetite for MVP and iteration, you will take Marketing Technology to another level to unlock new opportunities and efficiencies for the entire business. You will use cutting edge technologies, like Storm, Spark, and Kafka in order to create a best-in-class ad technology stack.
This role requires both strong quantitative skills and a firm understanding of the various technologies you’ll be working with. Understanding the technologies will help define solutions to complex problems while empowering the engineering teams to get creative. Quantitative leanings will allow you to apply sound analytics to business problems, define the priorities for your team based on impact, and develop key KPIs to assess performance of your products.
There are several products under the Marketing Technology umbrella:
Nearly every facet of Wayfair utilizes the rich, historical data generated by our users to better understand the customer experience, make key business and marketing decisions, and report on the success of constant test iterations. The timely, accurate collection of this data is the core responsibility of the tracking team. From basic site activity, to database level changes, to inferred information based on activity, the tracking team helps create a real-time messaging system to power many downstream applications
Wayfair strives to build a best-in-class marketing technology stack. From a recommendations engine, to DSP integrations, to a Data Management Platform – we are building an intelligent, efficient and automated technology stack to assist our marketers and provide the most leverage possible. This work stream takes full advantage of other proprietary systems to create a fast iteration cycle and easy development.
We aim to make all experiences on Wayfair easy and intuitive for our customers. Our customers are moving to a multi-device world and we want to make that experience the best possible. To do that, we need a unique understanding of how our customers are using our site and connecting the dots between their devices to make experiences similar across the platforms. Our Customer Identity team works to understand the relationships here and power cross-device applications across the business.
- Be the subject matter expert and owner of your product.
- Prioritize many requests and ideas for features by understanding the business value and impact, weighed against the risk and development time
- Maintain a product vision and roadmap, keeping stakeholders and constituents up to date on the top level goals and timelines
- Market your product internally to various departments to ensure all available users know about your product and how they could value from it
- Translate business initiatives into engineering stories/tickets and do basic estimations for the level of effort necessary
- Deeply understand the technology used in your products, the strong and weak points, and become an expert at what is available
- Regularly communicate our quarterly/monthly goals and progress to keep business stakeholders apprised of your work and product progress
- 3 - 5 years Product Management experience, with a focus on delivering products and improvement iterations
- Strong sense of ownership for your product
- Proven analytical / quantitative analysis skills, especially when working with web-based (big) data. Statistical analysis a plus
- Novice to Intermediate knowledge of SQL. Need to be able to run queries to gather data
- Technical software understanding beyond buzzwords. The ability to read and understand multiple coding languages and the underlying logic
- Excellent critical thinking and strategic analysis for future-thinking and planning
- Able to react and respond quickly in a fast paced environment where requirements change
- Obsessive attention to detail that makes your product stand out to users
- Cultivate senior presence and be the leader of your product
- Positive, people-oriented and energetic
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.