General Manager, Cinerama
THE FOLLOWING CAREER HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR
BY SEATTLE’S MOST EPIC MOVIE EXPERIENCE
Regularly voted Seattle’s best movie theater, Cinerama combines our fan favorite - chocolate popcorn - with sleek comfort and futuristic decor to offer Seattle’s most epic movie experience. Cinerama opened just a year after the World’s Fair came to town in 1963. Purchased and restored by Paul G. Allen in the late 1990’s, Cinerama has since become a favorite venue for Seattle moviegoers of all ages, from families to Star Wars buffs and action enthusiasts.
Seeing a film at Cinerama is an extraordinary event requiring a superior staff. We are looking for a passionate leader to cast as our next General Manager, who will serve as the leader of day-to-day operations and logistics for Cinerama Seattle. This position will report directly to the Director of Operations, Vulcan Arts + Entertainment.
Let’s take a look at some of your soon-to-be responsibilities:
- Oversee the work and performance of cinema management and team members.
- Train and develop staff regarding policies, practices and procedures and mentor them regarding their growth and development.
- Build and implement a program for outstanding guest service that cascades through the organization.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all cinema-related equipment, hardware and software related to A/V, Food and Beverage, POS, Building Operations, and other systems are in working order and within Vulcan guidelines.
- Maintain and develop menus and offerings to stay current with trends and exceed the expectations of our guests.
- Actively participate in the cinema’s film programming path, and work with special events and marketing teams to ensure goals are achieved.
Your desired experience and skillset:
- A background in movie theater management or similar hospitality industry.
- Experience creating processes for food & beverage and concessions operations is required.
- Experience in developing processes, operational programs and implementing change.
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited institution and 5 plus years relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Guest service, customer service program development and execution is preferred.
Your characteristics include:
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
- Innovation, collaboration and trustworthiness.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively.
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vulcan Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, disability, political ideology, or veteran status, or other protected class.
If you need accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or your recruiter.