Manager, Publishing Marketing
The Manager, Publishing Marketing works closely with the Director, Publishing Marketing in executing against the strategic direction for VIZ Media’s publishing businesses, including both physical and digital products. This position is responsible for supporting multi-channel comprehensive marketing plans, including optimizing all key marketing vehicles such as partnerships, websites, email newsletters, social media, and media buys (online & offline). This position also serves as a critical Marketing liaison between the sales, production and creative teams.
- Assist Director in overseeing third-party partnerships and relationships with key promotional outlets, vendors and licensors (GoodReads, Netgalley, Pokemon, Disney, Hasbro, Rooster Teeth, etc.)
- Assist in the crafting and execution of creative product-specific marketing plans and campaigns; liaise with social media, CAR, events, sales and PR in setting up the strategy and tactics for execution of those plans
- Write creative copy for marketing campaigns; work with design on the creation of assets
- Act as intermediary with editorial, licensing, social media, design and production on the creation of promotional materials, including title-specific assets for social media, advertising and other promotional collateral
- Liaise with sales and events on the creation of supportive promotional materials and the planning of trade shows, conferences, and retail events
- Handle the filing of insertion orders and creative work orders for the product marketing publishing team
- Conduct regular audits of ongoing Marketing Campaigns, including customer behavior analyses, and incorporate the results into the improvement of all marketing campaigns and report findings to business leadership
- Other duties as indicated by the Director, Publishing Marketing
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Must have a background in publishing
- Experience with brand marketing is preferred
- Knowledge of social media is preferred
- Creative writing skills are a must
- Entertainment industry knowledge preferred
- Must be a creative thinker who isn't afraid to color outside of the lines
- Must be skilled at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create presentations
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Must be able to communicate and write eloquently and effectively in English
- Knowledge of manga and related genres PREFERRED
- Must have the capability to analyze materials from a marketing perspective
- Proficiency with computer usage, including email, Internet, and standard software
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with culturally diverse clients
- Ability to work effectively in a small organization with an emphasis on teamwork
- Ability to work legally in the United States
- Ability to live in/commute to the San Francisco Bay Area
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Minimum of six (6) years relevant business experience
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience, with a record that demonstrates suitable preparation for this position
The position does not have any regular responsibility for overseeing or supervising the work of other employees.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Approximately 90% of time spent on the job involves use of a video display terminal; therefore, must be able to sit for extended periods and to utilize standard ergonomics practices. Primarily works in an office environment, requiring the following activity: lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 15 pounds, kneeling, bending. Must be able to use standard office equipment such as copiers and faxes. MUST be able to travel both domestically and internationally as needed.
As part of a multi-media entertainment company, employees may be subjected to work-related images including content such as: sexually explicit images, nudity, and graphic violence. Employees should be willing to work with this type of content. VIZ Media does not condone the viewing of this content where not work-related.
Occasional travel is required for this position.
Employees must adhere to all applicable VIZ Media policies and procedures. Regular and predictable attendance is required. This is a Regular Full-Time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., however, willingness and ability to work non-standard business hours, such as nights and weekends, on an as-needed basis is required. Employees must be able to cope effectively with deadlines and multiple demands.