3D Design Intern (Summer)
MKG seeks 6 event design interns to assist on a variety of design projects. The design intern will primarily be responsible for assisting a full-time designer - from participating in initial brainstorming sessions, creating floor plans and renderings for presentations to creating technical drawings, working with fabricators and overseeing the final staging of all design components. The intern will also be asked to produce 2D work including digital and printed invitations, mood boards and large- and small-format print graphics.
We will be looking to fill 4 positions in our NY office, and 2 with the possibility for 3 at our LA office.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop
- Strong 3D modeling skills – SketchUp experience is a plus
- Be working towards a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Industrial / Environmental / Scenic Design, Architecture, Interior or related field (or a recent graduate)
- Be a self-starter
- Have stellar people & communication skills
- Thrive in a team-based work environment
- Ability to work under tight timelines / loves a challenge!
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- 3D rendering skills - SketchUp preferred
- CAD skills - Vectorworks a plus
- 3D modeling of environments, displays, installations, etc.
- Ideation and design of custom interior and scenic elements
- Building floor plans in Vectorworks/CAD — assessing guest flow and estimating capacities
- Development of conceptual design theme — creating cohesive mood boards and mock-ups to communicate ideas to the client
- Development of presentation decks
- Basic Graphic Design — spatial treatments for environment designs, signage and wayfinding, invitations, etc. (Our staff Graphic Designer will own or collaborate on some, but not all, graphic needs)
- Preparing graphics for print and creating print mechanicals
- Sourcing props, furniture, and decor
- Attending site visits to conduct surveys/obtain necessary measurements
- On-site styling, as needed
Please supply a resume, and portfolio or weblink.
Interns are hired on a 4-month basis
(Jan-April, May-August, September-December)
Please specify which timeframe you would like to be considered.
Visit our website to find out more about MKG: thisismkg.com