Intern: Risk Optimization Analytics
Position Overview: The Climate Corporation is seeking a Risk Optimization Analyst to help us solve real-world problems critical to agriculture. Our team’s mission is to provide industry-leading agricultural digital solutions for farmers. The successful candidate will be fully integrated into the Seeds & Placement team and will work on challenges facing the agricultural industry. There has never been a greater demand for your skills in digital agriculture.
What You Will Do:
- Develop cutting-edge actuarial models and decision support tools to optimize Climate’s product recommendation to farmers
- Support Climate’s efforts in Decision Agriculture by developing novel analytical approaches for a by field risk management system for farmers
- Learn our digital tool and recommendation systems at Climate to gain experience in implementing risk optimization models in the Ag industry
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a Ph.D. degree program in Statistics, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline with a focus on risk optimization
- Demonstrated experience in scientific programming with R or MATLAB or Python
- Experience with CPLEX, AMPL, CVS or a related optimization modeling language
- Familiarity with machine learning is a plus
- Theoretical or practical experience with MILP or MIQCP for at least one year
What We Offer:
Our environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with a diverse set of top engineers, agronomists, and statisticians working together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
- We offer competitive pay and perks.
- We provide meals and a large assortment of snacks and drinks to get you through the day.
- You’ll get 1:1 mentoring from a talented and motivated employee on your team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on real projects with experienced employees and have a direct impact on the company. (Our internships are not summer camp!)
- You’ll have the amazing opportunity to participate in one of our Biotechnology Tours where you get out of the office and into the field (literally) with agents and farmers.
- You’ll work in an award-winning office with smart designs, large common areas and open floor plans that fuel collaboration.
- You’ll attend various events, activities, and off-sites - we make sure interns are having fun!
- We regularly host meet-up groups and tech-talks and encourage participation in relevant workshops and conferences
- You’ll have the opportunity to interact with key executives and leaders.
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference