Sr. Software Engineer - Java, Kotlin
Are you excited about the opportunity to work with microservices at scale? Do you like knowing that the changes that you deploy to production will improve the customer experience of many users world-wide? Do you like both the exciting, fast-paced environment that leads to growth for both you and the company you work for?
Tenable is looking for Senior Software Engineers to join the Tenable.io Vulnerability Management team; responsible for building the world's most popular SaaS Vulnerability Management solution. The Tenable.io VM team is responsible for managing the discovery, assessment, prioritization, and remediation of vulnerabilities across our customer's IT assets which cover: Servers, IoT devices, Containers, Cloud Providers, amongst many others. As a member of the team, you will be working with large amounts of data and traffic, and will be able to see clear outcomes and enhance customer experiences for the largest organizations on the planet as a result of your day-to-day work.
- Collaborate: Work within a collaborative and supportive team, as well as cross-functionally with other developers, designers, product owners and various Tenable teams to accomplish shared goals
- Advocate: Promote clear and simple software design while actively driving the team toward better practices and solutions in areas such as security, reliability, testability and maintainability
- Innovate: Drive innovation by contributing new ideas for our processes, tools, and technologies
- Mentor: Coach and mentor mid-level and junior staff in the design, implementation, and execution of highly technical development projects
What You'll Need:
- Experience architecting and building highly interactive user interfaces, RESTful APIs, and scalable microservices
- 5+ years developing in languages such as: Kotlin, Groovy, Node.js, Java, Python
- Experience with the latest platforms and technologies such as: Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka, AWS
- Experience with RDBMS, preferably at scale
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels. #stack