Senior Art Producer
Senior Art Producer
Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward-thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We’re also very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry. We are an equal opportunities employer who welcomes a diverse team and enjoys working in the community we serve. Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.
We are looking for a senior art and animation producer to manage a multi-disciplinary team including Technical Art, Character Art, Environment Art & Animation.
You will have in excess of 5 years’ experience in art production and have an excellent technical background. You understand fully the art creation pipeline and potential bottlenecks, as well as the ability to solve them if required.
Our plans are ambitious, and we move fast. We require a team player with a can-do attitude, a good motivator who is comfortable working in a demanding environment.
- Driving art direction and style across our titles
- Ensure alignment of departmental objectives and priorities with the product/project requirements over multiple projects and multiple years.
- Setup and maintain project scheduling, working closely with the Features Producer and Studio Director.
- Set goals and plan towards both longer term product features as well as executing with excellence shorter term deliverables
- Identifying issues and risks in advance and be a proactive problem solver.
- Review and improve processes and tools to improve quality, efficiency and team effectiveness.
- Oversee all art hiring, training and development, holding regular one-on-one meetings, setting objectives and looking after the team’s welfare and development.
- Provide leadership, encouragement and mentorship to a creative and diverse team.
- Understand and promote technical understanding of delivering the art and graphic requirements into the game
- Representative of the Line Managers cross-studio team to co-ordinate studio leads and input and participate in developing studio culture, priorities and policies.
- Establish cross-SEGA studio relationships with peers to share experiences and opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of industry experience in a production role
- Extremely organized and able to deal with multiple different issues at one time
- Knowledge in Agile, SCRUM, Kanban, or waterfall production methods
- Experience in mobile and console is a plus point
Software we use
- 3DS Max
- Substance Designer
- Substance Painter
- Adobe CC
Applications with no cover letter will not be accepted