About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
UI Programmers at Splash Damage closely work with UI design to turn their vision for the UI into a functional in-game user experience.
Accountable for the implementation of UI features, UI Programmers work with the team in planning and estimating their own work to align with specifications and project milestones. UI programmers can
Our UI programmers are afforded a high degree of autonomy, we trust that they know best how to complete their work. They enjoy working as part of a team in a friendly and collaborative atmosphere where they have the freedom to build their technical knowledge and relish a technical challenge. UI programmers are always learning, seek to acquire and share knowledge with the wider company and beyond.
We believe that leveling up our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular training opportunities and mentorship to all our programmers.
- Knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Practical UI implementation pipeline knowledge; you have worked with UI Design teams to craft creative solutions to technical limitations.
- A can-do attitude and strong interpersonal skills; you love collaborating with others to implement systems.
- Solid time management and
organisationalskills; you can get the job done without close supervision.
- Good communication and presentation skills; you’re able to present ideas clearly and confidently to audiences of all experience levels.
- A desire to learn and grow within your role.
- A real passion for UI and clear enthusiasm for playing games.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with accommodating player accessibility needs.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) and Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG).
- Multi-platform and console development experience.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke
Find out more on our Studio page.