Social Media Manager
Skip is growing at a rapid pace and with that, we will need to expand our elite team of creative and design professionals to advance the innovation and improvements of our existing technology. We’re looking for social media practitioners to take the lead on managing and strategizing the content distributed across Skip’s social platforms.
The candidate in this role will help to work directly with Skip’s Marketing team to drive stakeholder growth and value through social media engagement.
People need to eat so Skip never sleeps, and that means the show runs around the clock. We’re looking for people who want the chance of contributing to build a world-class tech company right here in the Canadian Prairies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing the organic content distributed across Skip’s social media platforms
- Working with Skip’s Campaign Managers to execute on content and advertising initiatives
- Creating consistent posts targeted at specific audiences and demographics on each social platform
- Building and engaging with social media community
- Managing and maintaining post schedule across platforms
- Executing on planned social post initiatives
People we're looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in managing social media channels, posts, messaging and engagement
- A social media practitioner with insight into the differences and advantages of each social platform, including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn
- Experience in creating consistent brand presence - voice, visuals, and identity across platforms
- Understanding of different approaches required to target specific demographics through organic content creation and execution on each platform
- Understanding of content that generates impressions and engagement across different social media channels
- Experience in documenting, tracking and measuring performance on social media channels
- Understanding of the social media ecosystem and infrastructure
- Paid social advertising experience an asset, but not required
- Have a great attitude and are proven self-starters
- Keep hustling and are able to work through rejection
- Thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Understand that a startup is not a 9-5 job, it's a lifestyle!
What it’s like to work at Skip:
- Fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Casual dress attire, we focus on results, not wearing suits
- Exposure to leading-edge technology
- Advancement opportunities for high contributors
- Merit-based compensation & benefits