Scientific Project Manager
Seven Bridges is the leading biomedical data analysis company, specializing in software and data analytics to drive public and private healthcare research. Our end-to-end bioinformatics solutions empower our global customer base to get the most from their private biomedical data, while also leveraging unprecedented access to public datasets and the largest bioinformatics tool sets available.
We are looking for talented individuals to contribute to our Scientific Operations Team with a unique combination of skills, both technical and consultative, to develop and grow our customer relationships in both the public and private sector. The Scientific Operations Team at Seven Bridges is made up of scientists who possess a unique balance of technical expertise and strong interpersonal skills. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate the ability to think strategically about business questions, understand the problems that customers need to solve, develop strategies for implementing solutions, and help our customers achieve success.
As a Scientific Operations Team member you will interact with customers, business development managers, engineers, and product teams to architect scalable, flexible, and creative solutions for some of the largest institutions in healthcare and life sciences. You will become an expert user of the Seven Bridges Platform and showcase specific value propositions of the platform for each engagement by giving on-site or virtual demos, talking to customers and understanding their needs.
You are people-oriented and an excellent communicator, you can think like a customer, and you eagerly work to resolve problems. Maintaining positive and productive relationships is key. In this role, you will meet with customers frequently and act as their chief advocate for on-demand issue resolution. While you may do some hands-on analysis, your primary work will focus on working with internal analysts and engineers to deliver solutions to customers. Your frequent customer interactions will also allow you to contribute to the product development and marketing.
In addition, you will lend your scientific expertise to the development of new scientific proposals, responses to RFIs, and grant applications. You will also contribute to the preparation of scientific publications, conference presentations, and white-papers. You will be responsible for the completion of proposals, including initial review, response coordination, production, final assembly, and delivery.
- Serve as primary point of contact during customer engagement.
- Work closely with the Business Development Managers and lead the technical side of commercial and public program engagements.
- Perform customer and project needs assessment and requirements gathering.
- Collaborate with bioinformatics scientists and software engineers to design and deploy solutions for our customers, including company products and customizations, and present these solutions and results to our customers.
- Work with customers to ensure that their scientific projects are successful and that they gain value from our platform.
- Maintain and track the relationship with the customers and become the internal authority on customer issues, needs, and future plans.
- Troubleshoot problems with customers and strategize on solutions, coordinating with internal teams.
- Become an expert user of the Seven Bridges Platform by learning to run genomics analyses, set up new workflows, build simple scripts with the R or Python API, or do basic debugging of analyses on our platform.
- Train our customers by running customized educational workshops.
- Understand the broader canvas of customer needs and bring this feedback to our product teams, advocating strongly for market-driven changes to our roadmap.
- Use your scientific expertise to contribute to high-quality written RFP and RFI responses, including writing executive summaries and responses, and editing technical components.
- Present company and customer success stories at conferences and industry events.
- PhD in genetics, bioinformatics, molecular biology or related discipline, but will consider strong candidates with undergraduate or masters in same disciplines as well as 3-5 years of experience.
- Experience conducting genomics experiments or analyzing omics data (e.g. RNA-seq, Exome-seq, ChIP-seq, proteomics, imaging analysis etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with cross-functional dynamic teams during the course of a scientific or technical project.
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new concepts and technical skills rapidly.
- Good communications skills with customers, researchers, team and stakeholders with the ability to deliver compelling technical presentations.
- Ability to assess the current and future needs and interests of the clinical and research community and to help shape company strategy.
- Ability and enthusiasm to thrive in a collaborative and dynamic startup environment.
- Responsive, focused on helping others find effective solutions.
- 2+ years of project/program management or customer success experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Ability to program in R and/or Python.
- Knowledge of the clinical applications of genomics in cancer and other therapeutic areas and understanding of the challenges researchers face when integrating genomics into clinical workflows.
- Willingness to travel occasionally (<30%) to meet customers or attend conferences.
- Experience with cloud-scale data processing and high-performance computing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Thank you for your interest in Seven Bridges, however, due to the high volume of applications we will only contact those candidates whose skills and qualifications most closely suit our needs.