Seven Bridges aims to transform healthcare by developing innovative technologies to address the next level of challenges in representing and understanding the diversity of the human genome and the changes that lead to disease. Through the use of novel data structures, advanced query and analytical procedures we aim to develop software that can robustly, accurately and quickly identify diverse molecular changes relevant for human health.
The Corporate Counsel will be responsible for drafting and negotiating legal documents as well as providing advice on a wide variety of legal matters. They are expected to work independently, driving legal matters to a resolution autonomously and collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders throughout the company as well as external parties such as clients, vendors, partners, and outside counsel.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts with clients, vendors, and partners, ranging from form NDAs and end user agreements to complex enterprise SaaS agreements and in-bound IP licensing agreements
- Advise commercial and program management staff on deal aspects and negotiations
- Provide research and advice on a wide variety of regulatory matters, from FDA regulations to employment law to data protection to export regulations
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop policies and procedures ensuring compliance with regulatory obligations
- Work with internal Finance and People Ops teams as well as outside counsel to support cross-border operations, including management of overseas subsidiaries and compliance with local laws
- Assist with corporate matters, including employee equity, board and shareholder matters, and in-bound investment
Qualifications and competencies:
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school with admission to practice law in Massachusetts .
- 2-5 years experience in a law firm or in-house, with strong contract drafting experience.
- Experience with SaaS agreements and matters and clinical software matters is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication across multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent legal research, analysis and drafting skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Responsive and self-starting, can thrive in ambiguous and collaborative environments with a bias towards problem solving and action
- Gives feedback effectively and learns from feedback received
- Effective communicator, empathetic, organized, and disciplined
- This person has a high degree of personal integrity