Scientific Program Manager
Seven Bridges is the leading biomedical data analysis company, specializing in software and data analytics to drive public and private healthcare research. Our end-to-end bioinformatics solutions empower our global customer base to get the most from their private biomedical data, while also leveraging unprecedented access to public datasets and the largest bioinformatics tool sets available.
We are looking for talented individuals to contribute to our Scientific Operations Team with a unique combination of skills, both technical and consultative, to develop and grow our customer relationships in both the public and private sector. The Scientific Operations Team at Seven Bridges is made up of scientists who possess a unique balance of technical expertise and strong interpersonal skills. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate the ability to think strategically about business questions, understand the problems that customers need to solve, develop strategies for implementing solutions, and help our customers achieve success.
As a Program Manager at Seven Bridges, you will lead or co-lead one or more programs within the company’s portfolio spanning commercial engagements and engagements with non-profit and government entities representing some of the largest institutions in healthcare and life sciences. Through these programs, you will guide and oversee the development of software for scientists that helps them connect the world’s biomedical information to speed the pace of discovery. Our products both reach, and are developed by, individuals with diverse geographical and technical backgrounds. Program managers keep the big picture in focus by integrating goals and project milestones from multiple initiatives across the company and community, defining and clearly communicating priorities, and ultimately ensuring that the products we build are loved by the people we build them for. Experienced program managers also are responsible for ensuring the success of consortium-based initiatives by building and maintaining strategic relationships and enabling the fulfillment of a wide range of contractual obligations.
As a Program Manager, you will be an informed user of the Seven Bridges Platform and will showcase specific value propositions of the platform for each engagement by talking to customers and understanding their needs. Successful Program Managers are people-oriented and excellent communicators who can think like a customer and eagerly work to resolve problems. Your frequent customer interactions will also allow you to contribute to the product development and marketing.
In addition, you will lend your scientific expertise to the development of new scientific proposals, responses to RFIs, and grant applications. You will also contribute to the preparation of scientific publications, conference presentations, and white-papers. You will be responsible for the completion of proposals, including initial review, response coordination, production, final assembly, and delivery.
- Interact with diverse external stakeholders, from executives to technical staff at organizations ranging from federal governments and large pharmaceutical companies to academic, nonprofit, and biotech organizations.
- Lead or co-lead one or more programs within the company’s portfolio spanning commercial engagements and engagements with non-profit and government entities.
- Ensure appropriate communication with all project stakeholders regarding timelines and status, requirements, logistics, and all other project-related issues.
- Facilitate the creation, prioritization, planning, and execution of a product roadmap through close collaboration with senior management and product teams and adjust these requirements as needed according to changes in company priorities.
- Define the priorities, guide decisions, eliminate roadblocks, and ensure seamless communication across cross-functional teams throughout project life cycles to enable our teams to build products to transform biomedical research.
- Enable the fulfillment of all relevant contractual obligations for your program(s), which may involve regular engagement with teams throughout the company such as the product, engineering, security, marketing, finance, and legal teams.
- Work with your colleagues to identify potential synergies and mitigate potential conflicts across milestones for related projects and programs.
- In consultation with the senior leadership, articulate a strategy for response to RFIs and RFPs, and lead the drafting and delivery of such responses.
- Research, understand, and prioritize the needs of our customers -- and then teach them (as well as our internal teams) how to get the most from the features and products that you help build.
- Gather feedback from customers using our products and incorporate it into the development roadmap to ensure continual improvement.
- Deeply understand genomics and technology and stay abreast of the latest scientific and technological advances by attending and presenting at conferences, reading avidly, and interviewing scientists.
- Track trends in related industries and participate on an ongoing basis in internal discussions related to program and product strategy.
- Expertise in bioinformatics or genomics (typically a PhD or equivalent) and/or experience in a software development environment (as a product manager, software engineer or engineering manager).
- Understanding of genomic and other -omic data sets, public and private, including how they are generated, used, and maintained.
- Ability to assess the current and future needs and interests of the clinical and research communities and to help shape company strategy.
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new concepts and technical skills rapidly.
- Demonstrated success working with cross-disciplinary teams and delivering project goals in a timely manner.
- A responsive approach focused on helping customers and team members find effective solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills — People like you, and you make things happen.
- Ability to develop and promote a culture of partnership, teamwork, and scientific excellence within each project team and across teams.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to handle ambiguity and work collaboratively with globally located internal and external cross-functional teams.
- Ease when engaging with scientists, giving presentations, and using data-driven techniques to make decisions.
- Ability and enthusiasm to thrive in a collaborative and dynamic startup environment.
* Successful Program Managers come to us from a variety of backgrounds. You may not have all of these qualifications, but you will have a proven track record of curiosity, passion, and willingness to learn.
About the Application Process:
- If you would like to work with us to help us build the next generation of tools to enable biomedical and clinical research and discovery, please submit a CV/resume and provide a cover letter with your application.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Thank you for your interest in Seven Bridges, however, due to the high volume of applications we will only contact those candidates whose skills and qualifications most closely suit our needs.