Senior Program Lead, Eligibility and Enrollment Programs
Who We Are:
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group is a family of employee benefit plans negotiated and sponsored by SEIU 775, the labor union for long-term care workers in Washington State & Montana. We are leading the transformation of home care into a thriving career and helping to prevent the coming care crisis. With 10,000 people turning 65 every day in the U.S., there are not enough qualified, trained workers to care for the exponential rise in older adults needing care. Through groundbreaking initiatives, the SEIU 775 Benefits Group, together with its union and employer partners, are ensuring that Washington state home care workers have access to the skills and support they need to stay and grow in the field.
Location: Downtown Seattle (remote is not available for this role)
Work Schedule: Our typical business hours are 8:30-5:00 Monday-Friday
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Category: Full-Time, Exempt, Union
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods of the day
What You’ll Be Doing:
This position reports to the Manager of Benefit Administration Programs, and will resolve operational issues related to Health Benefits Trust. The position will focus on identifying and resolving issues, developing and implementing process improvements and building trainings to improve the employer and participant experience. The Senior Program Lead will support work with the Customer Experience team, Employer representatives, the Member Resource Center, the Third Party Administrator, and Health Plan Carriers to resolve escalated issues, including, but not limited to, eligibility, enrollment, contributions, and access to healthcare benefits. The position will manage Open Enrollment for participants and onboarding of new employers.
- Run the day-to day operations of the core benefit plans offered by the Heath Benefits Trust in coordination with the Trust’s Third Party Administrator. The person in this role will facilitate communication and work flow between employers, participants, cross-functional internal teams, and vendors;
- In collaboration with our Third Party Administrator, Customer Experience, and Communications teams, manage annual Open Enrollment planning and communications including facilitating webinars and health fairs;
- In partnership with our Customer Experience team develop and provide training on customer service processes for health benefits to external vendors and the SEIU 775 Member Resource Center;
- Support customer service related events and provide back-up customer service support during peak periods. Operate as an escalation point of contact and Subject Matter Expert for Health Benefits Trust related matters;
- Monitor customer service trends and operational data to assess future program direction, identify opportunities and develop risk mitigation recommendations;
- Implement special projects applying principles that support continuous process improvement;
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
You Will Need to Have:
- Solid work history;
- 3-5 years of experience in metric-based customer service, benefits administration; or project/program management within a healthcare setting;
- Ability to think strategically about healthcare problems within the caregiver population and how to creatively address them;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and leverage resources across departments while paying strict attention to detail;
- Strong group facilitation skills, diplomacy, and ability to interface effectively with external partners and caregivers;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Ability to function well in ambiguous environments, prioritize effectively, and set ambitious but attainable goals;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and a willingness to learn new programs such as Salesforce and Visio.
It Will Be Great if You Have:
- Postsecondary education in healthcare, project management, or business.
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.