Senior Business Analyst
Who We Are:
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group is a family of employee benefit plans negotiated and sponsored by SEIU 775, the labor union for long-term care workers in Washington State & Montana. We are leading the transformation of home care into a thriving career and helping to prevent the coming care crisis. With 10,000 people turning 65 every day in the U.S., there are not enough qualified, trained workers to care for the exponential rise in older adults needing care. Through groundbreaking initiatives, the SEIU 775 Benefits Group, together with its union and employer partners, are ensuring that Washington state home care workers have access to the skills and support they need to stay and grow in the field.
Location: Downtown Seattle (remote is not available for this role)
Work Schedule: Our typical business hours are 8:30-5:00 Monday-Friday
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Category: Full-Time, Exempt, Union
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods of the day
What You’ll Be Doing:
Reporting to the Business Intelligence Manager, the Senior Business Analyst will support the analytical and data products related to the Training Partnership. In collaboration with leaders, stakeholders, and our Data Solutions Team, the Senior Business Analyst will provide information analysis and analytical expertise to meet strategic and operational requirements and goals. The Business Analyst will also play a key role in building out our Enterprise Architecture, creating a data environment that meets the current and future needs of the organization. If you want to improve the lives of home care aides and the people who they support, we want to hear from you!
- Consult with key stakeholders to design and interpret analyses of data and develop data-based recommendations for strategic management decisions;
- Perform quality and robust data extractions for decision making purposes;
- Produce graphs and tables for reports, presentations and publication in a timely fashion;
- Prepare presentations that communicate complex analysis and findings in a simple, concise and interpretable manner;
- Participate in extensive requirements gathering and QA as we enhance and restructure our data environment, bringing analytical efficiencies and consistencies to the organization;
- Work independently with leaders at a professional level and be articulate, prepared, and knowledgeable in those encounters;
- Take responsibility for assignments with high visibility and high impact;
- Carefully document all data sets and analyses;
- Regularly use SQL and either Python or R to query and analyze data;
- Identify information gaps and problem solve how to address them;
- Follow appropriate analytic protocols for the work team and enterprise to ensure analytic products are accurate and meaningful;
- Understand and enforce security and compliance protocol when working with sensitive and proprietary data sets;
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
You Will Need to Have:
- Stable work history;
- 3+ years of experience as a business intelligence or data analyst;
- 3+ years of experience in PostGre SQL/SQL, Python or R, and Tableau;
- Proven ability to partner with business teams, translating business requirements into business solutions;
- Proven ability to conduct, interpret and present quantitative/qualitative analysis;
- Experience analyzing complex and disjointed data sets;
- Demonstrated ability to create meaningful reports and summaries that are actionable;
- Proven ability to synthesize data and communicate insights to a non-technical audience;
- Excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills;
- A collaborative, respectful, and service-focused mindset;
- Willingness to ask questions and seek understanding; willing to challenge assumptions, including your own.
It Will Be Great If You Have:
- Experience with Labor Unions, government and/or social services;
- Exposure or experience in data governance, data engineering and/or data warehousing constructs;
- Bachelor’s Degree in math, statistics, science, business or related analytical field, or equivalent work experience strongly preferred.
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.