Instructional Designer (1 year term)
Who We Are:
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group is a family of employee benefit plans negotiated and sponsored by SEIU 775, the labor union for long-term care workers in Washington State & Montana. We are leading the transformation of home care into a thriving career and helping to prevent the coming care crisis. With 10,000 people turning 65 every day in the U.S., there are not enough qualified, trained workers to care for the exponential rise in older adults needing care. Through groundbreaking initiatives, the SEIU 775 Benefits Group, together with its union and employer partners, are ensuring that Washington state home care workers have access to the skills and support they need to stay and grow in the field.
Location: Downtown Seattle (remote is only available in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, OR, TN, UT, VA, WA)
Work Schedule: Our typical business hours are 8:30-5:00 Monday-Friday
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Category: Full-time, Exempt, Union
This position is approved for a 1 year term and qualifies for our comprehensive benefits package
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods of the day
What You’ll Be Doing:
Reporting to the Learning Experience Operations Manager, the Instructional Designer is responsible for designing engaging, high value learning experiences that make a measurable difference in the lives of caregivers and the clients they support. The Instructional Designer will integrate best practices in instructional design, learning science, and educational technology to create online, instructor-led, and blended learning experiences that are scalable and highly impactful.
- Design and develop for online, blended, mobile, video, and in-person learning needs.
- Create course design documents, storyboards, voiceover and video scripts, facilitator guides, learner guides, presentation materials, and other instructional resources and materials.
- Conduct courseware quality assurance reviews to ensure full functionality and completion in learning management systems; trouble-shoot any issues.
- Develop standards and expectations for facilitators and mentors for train-the-trainer materials, onboarding experiences, and resource repositories.
- Ensure consistent brand voice across learning experiences.
- Design and develop courseware and learning materials to meet the needs of limited English proficiency learners; ensure courseware and materials can be successfully localized into multiple languages.
- Work with learning experience team members to ensure designs meet learner needs and support success metrics.
- Research and stay current in trends and best practices in educational technology, adult education, blended learning, and online learning.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the level of this position, as assigned.
You Will Need to Have:
- 2+ years’ experience designing and developing learning experiences for adults;
- Demonstrated experience in storyboarding;
- Demonstrated experience working in Articulate Storyline or a similar eLearning development tool;
- Experience trouble-shooting online courseware;
- Strong design aesthetic;
- Ability to design creative, engaging interactions for adult learners;
- Strong understanding of competency based learning;
- Commitment to applying best practices in instructional design towards all learning products and experiences;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work proactively and with minimal supervision;
- Experience and comfort working in a fast paced, high change work environment.
It Will Be Great if You Have:
- Experience in education or healthcare;
Master’s degree in instructional design, instructional technology, or similar field;
Experience working in learning management systems such as Moodle;
Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, or other image software;
Experience designing competency based learning;
Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, instructional technology, or similar field.
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.