Marketing & Communications Program Lead
Who We Are:
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group is a family of employee benefit plans negotiated and sponsored by SEIU 775, the labor union for long-term care workers in Washington State & Montana. We are leading the transformation of home care into a thriving career and helping to prevent the coming care crisis. With 10,000 people turning 65 every day in the U.S., there are not enough qualified, trained workers to care for the exponential rise in older adults needing care. Through groundbreaking initiatives, the SEIU 775 Benefits Group, together with its union and employer partners, are ensuring that Washington state home care workers have access to the skills and support they need to stay and grow in the field.
Location: Downtown Seattle (remote is not available for this role)
Work Schedule: Our typical business hours are 8:30-5:00 Monday-Friday
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Category: Full-Time, Exempt, Union
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods of the day
What You’ll Be Doing:
Reporting to the Manager of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing & Communications Program Lead is responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategies and tactics to build awareness and engagement for caregiver benefits, programs and initiatives. They will manage projects independently and have the ability to contribute on an individual level as well as manage the work of vendors as needed. They should have the skills to contribute both strategically and tactically to the department’s effectiveness and play an important role in designing and producing print and digital products.
- Design and implement marketing and communications plans to build awareness and engagement in pilots and projects using a multi-channel, integrated marketing approach;
- Lead content creation, implementation and curation for programs and initiatives using email, social media, video, print collateral and other channels as necessary;
- Design and produce print and digital materials using Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator);
- Write, edit and execute web content;
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to devise strategies and tactics to meet their goals;
- Work with vendors and contractors as needed;
- Contribute to major organizational publications and special events;
- Assist with departmental administrative functions as needed to support communications efforts;
- Additional duties as assigned by your manager.
You Will Need to Have:
- Stable work history;
- At least 5 years of experience in marketing and communications;
- Demonstrable skill and experience in design, writing and editing;
- Strategic communications planning expertise;
- Experience managing projects with multiple customers and stakeholders;
- Excellent eye for visual communication with superior oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner;
- Strong customer service orientation, team building, collaboration and problem-solving skills;
- High proficiency in several of the following:
- Writing and editing for a public-facing audience
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Wordpress or other online content management systems
- Constant Contact, Pardot or other email service providers
- Analysis of metrics for programs and campaigns
- Social media
It Will Be Great if You Have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism.
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.