Senior Healthcare Analyst
Who We Are:
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group is a family of employee benefit plans negotiated and sponsored by SEIU 775, the labor union for long-term care workers in Washington State & Montana. We are leading the transformation of home care into a thriving career and helping to prevent the coming care crisis. With 10,000 people turning 65 every day in the U.S., there are not enough qualified, trained workers to care for the exponential rise in older adults needing care. Through groundbreaking initiatives, the SEIU 775 Benefits Group, together with its union and employer partners, are ensuring that Washington state home care workers have access to the skills and support they need to stay and grow in the field.
Location: Downtown Seattle (remote is not available for this role)
Work Schedule: Our typical business hours are 8:30-5:00 Monday-Friday
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Category: Full-Time, Exempt, Union
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods of the day
What You’ll Be Doing:
Reporting to the Business Intelligence Manager, the Senior Healthcare Analyst will support the analytical and data products related to the Health Benefits Trust and Research Insights & Innovations Team. In collaboration with leaders, stakeholders, and the Data Team, the Senior Healthcare Analyst will provide information analysis and analytical expertise to meet strategic and operational requirements and goals. If you want to improve the lives of home care aides and the people who they support, we want to hear from you!
- Consult with key stakeholders to design and interpret analyses of data and develop data-based recommendations for strategic management decisions;
- Build complex healthcare models and data extractions for decision making purposes;
- Collaborate with team members to deliver strategic, operational, and program metrics;
- Build and optimize reporting dashboards and other tools to help improve the wellness of home care aides;
- Participate in extensive requirements gathering and QA as we enhance and restructure our data environment, bringing analytical efficiencies and consistencies to the organization;
- Prepare presentations that communicate complex analyses and findings in a simple, concise, and interpretable manner;
- Produce graphs and tables for reports, presentations, and publications in a timely fashion;
- Write queries to deliver healthcare data extractions and summaries for decision making;
- Work independently with leaders at a professional level and be articulate, prepared, and knowledgeable in those encounters;
- Take responsibility for assignments with high visibility and high impact;
- Carefully document all data sets and analyses;
- Regularly use SQL and either Python or R to query and analyze data;
- Identify information gaps and problem solve how to address them;
- Follow appropriate analytic protocols for the work team and enterprise to ensure analytic products are accurate and meaningful.
You Will Need to Have:
- Stable work history;
- 3+ years of experience as a data analyst;
- A background in healthcare analysis and/or knowledge of medical coding and/or HIPAA compliance;
- Experience analyzing complex claims data sets to produce actionable results;
- Familiarity of healthcare economic drivers and ability to synthesize complex data;
- Proven ability to conduct, interpret, and present quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- 2+ years of experience in PostGre SQL/SQL, Python or R, and Tableau;
- Demonstrated ability to create meaningful reports and summaries that are actionable;
- Proven ability to synthesize data and communicate it to a non-technical audience;
- Excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills;
- A collaborative, respectful, and service-focused mindset;
- Willingness to ask questions and seek understanding; willing to challenge assumptions, including your own;
- A genuine passion for analysis and drive to communicate using data.
It Will Be Great If You Have:
- Experience with Health Plan Operations, Administration and Business Strategy;
- Experience with Labor Unions, government and/or social services;
- Exposure or experience in data governance, data engineering and/or data warehousing constructs;
- Bachelor’s Degree in math, statistics, science, business or related analytical field, or equivalent work experience strongly preferred;
- Master’s Degree in health economics or equivalent preferred.
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.