NAM Enterprise IT Data Services - Data Engineer
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
The Data Services Data Engineer will develop, maintain and improve of data delivery through the North America (NAM) Data Warehouse platforms. The right person in this role will support overall improvements in data architecture, metric definition and processes to support business data and analytical initiatives. Our Data Engineers provide guidance and support to team members in the Data Services team and our business partners.
This will be your next career if you like to:
• Collaborate with team members to conceptualize, design and deliver enterprise and departmental data solutions to support business intelligence, data warehousing and reporting and machine learning requirements.
• Implement solutions that are reliable and scalable to meet the service levels associated with mission-critical solutions.
• Participate in and enhance our DevOp practice to insure highly available solutions and quick issue resolution.
• Translate business requirements into data pipelines and data stores to support of business requirements.
• Work with Data and Solution Architects to define and implement migration strategies from legacy systems to cloud architecture and technologies.
• Provide team feedback to optimize delivery of our solutions.
The right candidate will have the following capabilities and experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in IT/Systems field or equivalent experience.
• 3 years relevant experience in Data Engineering.
• Demonstrated experience with primary AWS services such as EC2, EMR, S3, IAM policies, Cloudwatch, Cloud Formation, SES
• Demonstrated experience with Cloud Services for data handling and database technologies (Lambda, DMS, Kafka, Spark, Redshift, Hadoop, Airflow, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience with modern programming languages such as Python, Scala or Java
• Experience designing and building systems to process large volumes of heterogeneous data, real time and batch, to deliver complex data solutions that make the most of the elastic capabilities of Cloud services to maximize performance while minimizing waste.
• Command of advanced SQL queries and programming.
• Experience contributing to and following architecture, design and implementation best practices.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to assimilate information and quickly discern the most relevant facts and recommend creative, practical design solution. Ability to think outside-the-box a real asset.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver using Agile/Scrum project methodology.
• Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning capabilities.
• Desire to take the initiative moving projects/ideas forward with clarity
• Leadership skills to lead and mentor cross-functional teams towards common solutions.
• Knowledge of legacy data warehousing tools and technology is an asset Examples: Dimensional Models, Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica Cloud, MS Integration Services, Alteryx, Oracle, MS SQL Server etc.
Care, Connect, Challenge, Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.