NAM Enterprise IT Data Services - Data Engineer
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
The Data Services Data Engineer will develop, maintain and improve of data delivery through the North America (NAM) Data Warehouse platforms. The right person in this role will support overall improvements in data architecture, metric definition and processes to support business data and analytical initiatives. Our Data Engineers provide guidance and support to team members in the Data Services team and our business partners.
This will be your next career if you like to:
• Collaborate with team members to conceptualize, design and deliver enterprise and departmental data solutions to support business intelligence, data warehousing and reporting and machine learning requirements.
• Implement solutions that are reliable and scalable to meet the service levels associated with mission-critical solutions.
• Participate in and enhance our DevOp practice to insure highly available solutions and quick issue resolution.
• Translate business requirements into data pipelines and data stores to support of business requirements.
• Work with Data and Solution Architects to define and implement migration strategies from legacy systems to cloud architecture and technologies.
• Provide team feedback to optimize delivery of our solutions .
The right candidate will have the following capabilities and experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in IT/Systems field or equivalent experience.
• 3 years relevant experience in Data Engineering.
• Demonstrated experience with primary AWS services such as EC2, EMR, S3, IAM policies, Cloudwatch, Cloud Formation, SES.
• Demonstrated experience with Cloud Services for data handling and database technologies (Lambda, DMS, Kafka, Spark, Redshift, Hadoop, Airflow, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience with modern programming languages such as Python, Scala or Java.
• Experience designing and building systems to process large volumes of heterogeneous data, real time and batch, to deliver complex data solutions that make the most of the elastic capabilities of Cloud services to maximize performance while minimizing waste.
• Command of advanced SQL queries and programming.
• Experience contributing to and following architecture, design and implementation best practices.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to assimilate information and quickly discern the most relevant facts and recommend creative, practical design solution. Ability to think outside-the-box a real asset.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver using Agile/Scrum project methodology.
• Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning capabilities.
• Desire to take the initiative moving projects/ideas forward with clarity.
• Leadership skills to lead and mentor cross-functional teams towards common solutions.
• Knowledge of legacy data warehousing tools and technology is an asset Examples: Dimensional Models, Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica Cloud, MS Integration Services, Alteryx, Oracle, MS SQL Server etc.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.