IoT Cloud Big Data Architect
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We are looking for an experienced Big Data Architect to help define and design new processes to support our data driven initiatives. This role will be a critical component of our IoT platform and the overall Platform Strategy. You will be working with a team of other architects, helping to build a secure and highly scalable IoT platform and Big Data pipelines and capabilities are a critical component of the core platform as well as our Data as an Asset strategy. We are looking for an experienced Big Data Architect who can help design and develop scalable solutions on the Hortonworks platform that will support multiple IoT cloud providers.
The successful candidate will have hands on experience in defining scalable pipelines on the Hortonworks Platform. The ultimate goal will be to create a platform that provides self-service access to Data Scientists through the use of enabling capabilities like a Data Catalog, Data Lineage, and self-service analytics using workbooks. The goal will be to shield the end users from the complexities of a heterogeneous IoT Platform.
- Architect a platforms that is scalable, optimized, and fault-tolerant
- Define design patterns and architectural guidelines and manage program reviews to ensure that design elements are reusable and repeatable across projects
- Define and manage guidelines, standards, and processes to ensure the data sovereignty and data privacy laws are addressed and that highest data quality and integrity in the data stores residing on the data lake are maintained
- Evaluate emerging features and technologies as part of a continuous improvement process.
- Work closely with data scientists and product managers to understand their data requirements for existing and future projects on data analytics applications.
- Possess strong , current, hands-on technical skills in the Hadoop/Hortonworks stack.
- Strong Designing for SecOps and DevOps background to enable data flows managed on the platform to be secure and as manageable as possible.
- The ability to define scalable and repeatable design patterns to handle a complex deployment.
- An avid learner, constantly exploring new options and technologies.
- Agile practitioner with knowledge of Scaled Agile preferred.
- Java and Python expertise
- Knowledge of statistical modeling, machine learning, and data science concepts to enable building complex solutions and data sets.
- 4+ Experience in big data architecture, data warehouse and application development in technical lead architect capacity
- Must have programming skills in Big data ecosystem such as: Apache Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce, Oozie, Kafka and Spark.
- Experience selecting the optimal technologies for varied use cases to support SLA, Low Latency , and end user tooling requirements.
- Experience with Complex ETL processes in traditional and streaming pipelines
- Experience with NoSQL solutions like MongoDB, DynamoDB, CosmoDB, and others.
- Experience with IoT Desired, but not required
- Deep knowledge of architectural patterns and the best tooling and design patterns to support those patterns.
- 7-10 years of experience with large scale data warehouse and/or Big data solutions.
- 3-5 years of experience with defining large scale Hadoop solutions that including streaming and data at rest workflows.
- 2-3 years of detailed data lifecycle management that may include archival, summarization, catalog management, lineage management, and detailed access controls and access logging and management.
- The ability to not only define the technical solution but also help deliver the solution.
- Demonstrated capabilities in one or more cloud platform, including but not limited to Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud, or OpenStack
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.