Cloud Big Data Engineer
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
We are continuing to grow our internal IOT Professional Services organization, hiring highly technical cloud computing architects and engineers to work with our businesses as they develop the next generation of data-based digital offers. Our consultants help our businesses design big-data solutions atop our central data management and analytic infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will use their extensive experience with big-data tools and systems like Apache Nifi, Kafka, Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark and Hive to guide teams on how best to ingest, store, process and analyze data with our Cloudera-based infrastructure. Consultants will translate the needs of our client and helping them maximize the use of the available tools, accelerating their time to market.
Excellent business and communication skills are a must to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should be able to work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing solutions.
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to internal businesses and solve complex Big Data challenges.
- Understand customer requirements and translate them into optimized data management solutions architectures that leverage our cloud technologies
- Run hands-on developer orientation sessions for teams beginning their big-data projects
- Create development best practices, presentations and training material teams can follow during solution implementation
- Support Proof-of-Concept design efforts by our internal customers.
- Deliver order-of-magnitude estimates for developing proposed solutions
- Bring the voice of our internal customers back to our R&D organization
This job might be for you if you have:
- 5+ years' experience of Data platform implementation, including 3+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Nifi/Kafka/Spark/Storm implementations.
- 3+ years working with Cloud platform technology implementing large-scale solutions (Microsoft Azure experience preferred)
- 3+ years working with data processing and analytics technologies (Nifi, Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Hive, Hadoop, Flume, MapReduce)
- Proven p roficiency in providing consulting services
- Preference for IOT / Large volume data processing
- Preference for experience with graph DB experience.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.