Web Developer (ASCO)
For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of Automatic Transfer Switches, Industrial Control Products, Load Banks, Power Control Systems, Services and Solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Web Developer based out of our Florham Park, NJ office.
The Web Developer is responsible in the development, support and maintenance of ASCO Power Technologies Web Applications using generally-accepted design & development standards and sound coding techniques tools in support of ASCO Power Technologies' worldwide sales growth, productivity improvements (internally and externally), and enhancements to customer service.
- Work closely with business team to understand the requirements for new web applications or enhancements to existing web applications
- Create mock ups / prototype to capture all the requirements and create a requirement spec document.
- Work closely with remote development teams to communicate requirements and co-develop applications
- Perform system integration and functional testing for new and existing web applications to be in line with business requirements.
- Creates required documentation (code, methodology) utilized for designing, creating and supporting Web and eBusiness Applications.
- Must have knowledge of web design and programming in related languages.
- Experienced with the following:
- Microsoft ASP and ASP.Net
- Windows 2008 Server
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, Query Analyzer and SQL Profiler
- Internet Information Server (IIS6 and IIS7), Apache Server
- Event and Web log analysis
- Model View Controller Designed Pattern
- Team Foundation Server
- Windows Communication Foundation Services
- Web Standards compliant HTML development using style sheets (CSS)
- Knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Products
- Must have BS Degree in Computer Science
- Must have 2-4 years of application development experience
- Close attention to detail, follow-up, with an extreme sense of urgency and perseverance
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment, and provide timely and accurate follow up to inquires
- Effectively manage multiple tasks with varying / competing priorities
- Must have strong oral and written skills.
- Proactively seeks continuous improvement within and across IS\IT.
- Strong ability to prioritize, organize, and execute simultaneous tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work collaboratively with all levels of technical and professional staff, and senior IT management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude
- Commitment to deliverables with the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively as an independent and in a team environment.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.