Machine Learning Computer Vision - Intern
Samsung Strategy & Innovation Center
Role: Machine Learning Computer Vision - Intern
Our Mission: The Samsung Strategy & Innovation Center (SSIC) is Samsung's global network of innovators, technologists, investors, and makers. It was launched in 2013 by the President and Chief Strategy Officer of Samsung Electronics with a mission to incubate and build world-class capabilities for existing and new businesses. Our approach is unique and open, we develop and accelerate groundbreaking technologies by working in collaboration with entrepreneurs and other strategic partners, and through early-stage and growth investments (Catalyst Fund and Samsung Ventures), which are committed to discovering solutions for connected devices. We are headquartered in Menlo Park, CA and have offices in San Jose, Tel Aviv, London, Paris and Seoul.
Location: San Jose, CA
Our Team: The Samsung ID8 team is a cross disciplinary team of makers focused on building products and platforms. We combine design with emerging technologies (edge computing, machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, etc.) to imagine and invent new experiences for customers. The Samsung ID8 Team is based in San Jose, California, and we are part of the Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center where we are helping to bring new innovations to life in AI, IOT and Automobile space.
The Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center is looking for a talented Machine Learning Engineer to help design, build and launch the next wave of amazing Samsung products in their IoT Ideation lab in San Jose. Be part of a stellar cross-functional team that is working on creating the “Next Big Thing” within Samsung. As part of the engineering team, you’ll lead the effort to research and build algorithms and production machine learning systems for a next generation IOT platform. This will include building new data models and algorithms from vast sensor data, working and building on top of the latest Machine learning research and deploying the solution to the market.
- Student in pursuit of MS or PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is preferred
- Experience working with ML/CV and deep learning tool kits/framework, e.g. OpenCV, Tensorflow, Keras, Caffe, Theano, etc.
- Experience with face/object recognition/detection, speech recognition, NLP.
- Familiar with algorithms in stochastic, probability, linear algebra, signal process, advanced algorithms, data structure, etc.
- Experience in developing in a scalable production machine learning system is a plus.
- Good understanding of mathematical foundations behind Machine Learning algorithms, statistical modeling, data mining.
- Experience developing end-to-end scalable machine learning systems in an industry or research environment is a plus.
- Good understanding of Operating System internals is a plus
- Good programming and algorithmic skills Python/C/C++
- Clear communication skills and desire to collaborate with others is a must.