This role is part of the Dis.co team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
Dis.co is defining the future of cloud computing. The vision of Dis.co is to build a simple, flexible and secure cloud computing platform which utilizes the idle time of connected devices available all around us – Airbnb for CPUs. On the road to that vision, Dis.co is providing distributed batch computing services, letting developers focus on their code and data, and not with the plumbing around that.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As our Sr. Data Scientist, you will envision, build, deploy and develop our next generation of data engines and tools at disco platform and the AI-powered smart scheduler. You will develop and apply advanced algorithms and Machine Learning that will drive our scheduling, placement and prediction engines.
The ideal candidate can lead the algorithmic aspects of the projects and work hands-on with the rest of the team on the implementation. This means that you need to have good development skills in addition to experience with NLP/Machine Learning algorithms/Graphs/Recommendation Engine.
We master many tasks and we love this!
- Develop a production-level code that runs and trains these models
- Deliver algorithms that constantly improve the quality of our matching
- Work with CTO-office team members on joined projects
- Work with Dev teams on data-driven joined projects
- Reporting to disco CTO
- The position requires traveling overseas and flexibility for working in different time zones.
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science / Mathematics / Statistics
- At least 10 years experience in programming (Java / Python)
- NLP / Machine Learning / Deep Learning / Graphs theory experience
- Experience in algorithm design and implementation
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Experience with Linux environment - a big advantage
- Distributed Computing knowledge - a big advantage
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.