Senior Manager, Partnerships
About Samsung NEXT
Founded in 2012, our mission is to transform Samsung through software and services innovation. We accomplish this via four key functions:
- Partnerships - Developing relationships with a wide array of companies from the Fortune 500 to growth stage technology firms to create unique commercial opportunities through innovative software and services.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with Samsung
- Ventures - Investing in early stage startups to explore new technologies and business models..
- Product - Building new software and services businesses in-house
We operate across offices in Mountain View, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our Partnerships team. The role will primarily be based in Mountain View (with some work at our office in San Francisco).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams in Samsung NEXT and across Samsung product groups to develop new growth strategies and drive new partnerships: research, strategy, internal evangelism, partner outreach, and developing business agreements -- with a focus on companies whose software or services complement Samsung’s own offerings
- Work with our Samsung NEXT product development teams to develop partnership strategies and lead partnership efforts
- Work with our Samsung NEXT Ventures’ portfolio companies to develop partnership strategies and counsel or lead on key discussions
- Support other projects and events across the Samsung NEXT functional teams
Desired Skills & Experience
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic record
- 10+ years of professional experience, including at one or more of the following: management consulting firm, an investment bank, or in business development or corporate development at a top-tier technology company
- Demonstrated passion for technology through work experience or non-work activities
- Ability to formulate insights around complex business problems
- Strong skills in strategy development, presentation development and effective communication of business proposals to upper management
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills & executive presence: confidence and poise in presenting to executive management
- Extraordinary focus on detail, accuracy, and quality
- Experience working with cross-functional project teams
- Some domestic and international travel required
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.