This role is part of the Core team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As Program Manager, you will align highly autonomous and distributed cross-functional agile teams to deliver on aggressive product objectives. At times, you will find your role morph from a strategic Program Manager to an Agile Coach to a Scrum Master to a tactical Project Manager. Your success will be heavily dependent on your ability to support distributed teams while bringing just the right amount of process and structure to help a startup scale. You will need to bring a positive attitude, an appreciation for organized chaos, and a healthy amount of grit to enable the teams to succeed. This role will report to the Head of Product Enablement.
- Align highly autonomous development teams towards complex objectives
- Run, plan, and track development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, handling trade-offs, and eliminating blockers
- Guide, coach and motivate the team with the goal of increasing productivity
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Agile, Scrum and Kanban capabilities
- Regularly assess the team's maturity, health, and composition, passionately striving for cohesion and delivery excellence
- Create visibility and predictability via roadmaps, anticipative planning, and active risk management
- Facilitate team consensus while ensuring that appropriate resources are employed to deliver high-quality results
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to partners
- Assist with improving operational metrics in efficiency and quality
- Basic Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a Scrum Master, Agile Coach, Agile Project Manager, Program Manager, or similar role
- Strong facilitation, conflict-resolution skills and the ability to work in collaborative environments
- Comfortable working with distributed teams and bringing structure to ambiguous environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization
- Additional Qualifications
- Experience operating within a “Tribes and Squads” organization
- Experience in an existing startup that has scaled successfully
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early-stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.