Senior Manager, Partnerships: Operations & Strategy
About Samsung NEXT
Founded in 2012, our mission is to transform Samsung through software and services innovation. We accomplish this via four key functions:
- Partnerships - Developing relationships with a wide array of companies from the Fortune 500 to growth stage technology firms to create unique commercial opportunities through innovative software and services.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with Samsung
- Ventures - Investing in early stage startups to explore new technologies and business models..
- Product - Building new software and services businesses in-house
We operate across offices in Mountain View, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
As a Senior Manager, Partnerships you will strategically build and operate our external and internal partner initiatives to drive value for Samsung NEXT’s products and portfolio companies as well as Samsung’s array of devices and technologies. The role will be based in Mountain View, CA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define alliance framework and value proposition to create breakthrough opportunities
- Lead and actively manage partners of the various Samsung NEXT product teams, supporting products in a wide range of verticals including Machine Learning, AI, Video, Food Tech and others.
- Develop partner satisfaction metrics, oversee business plan development, manage governance and build processes to ensure the successful ongoing relationship with partners, covering technical integrations, co-marketing activities and general relationship leadership
- Drive new alliance initiatives and contribute to portfolio strategy
- Work closely with the Samsung NEXT product teams to resolve any product or technical questions
- Deepen and grow the relationship with key partners as appropriate to drive greater value than expected in the initial phase
- Support other projects and events across the Samsung NEXT functional teams
Desired Skills & Experience
- Undergraduate degree, MBA preferred.
- 8-10 years of professional experience in partner management, venture capital or account management in the technology sector (B2B experience preferred)
- Experience managing the partner lifecycle, including implementation, regular partnership scorecards (internally and externally), upselling, ongoing relationship management
- Strategic business planning, financial modeling and P&L oversight.
- Solid technical understanding for bi-directional communication of product features, implementation needs, functional requests
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills: confidence and poise in presenting to internal and external management
- Ability to learn and effectively communicate the benefits of multiple new technologies, including AI, machine learning, and others
- Extraordinary focus on detail, accuracy, and quality
- Experience with CRM/PRM systems like Salesforce
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.