Windows Application Developer
About Samsung NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
NEXT Product is in the early stages of creating a new real time communication tool targeting distributed teams and we are looking for a strong windows developer to leverage their previous experience in building native windows applications to work closely with other engineers, designers, product and internal stakeholders to help architect and build our windows application.
This role requires a combination of deep technical understanding of real time communication, current development frameworks and a dedication to user experience.
- Choose the right tools/framework/language for our windows development process.
- Research and evaluate related technologies.
- Build, deploy and maintain our window application.
- Provide continuous feedback to product on technical challenges and suggest solutions.
- Create small experiments to test different UX hypotheses.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a technical discipline required (ie: Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Math).
- 3+ years of Windows native UI development experience.
- Experience using Electron.js/React Native is a bonus.
- Basic understanding of audio/video communications (codecs, transports and protocols).
- Strong communication skills - be able to take the roadmap and break into the relevant user stories and epics and discuss the finer details of the implementation.
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.