Senior QA Automation Engineer
This role is part of the Dis.co team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
Dis.co is defining the future of cloud computing. The vision of Dis.co is to build a simple, flexible and secure cloud computing platform which utilizes the idle time of connected devices available all around us – Airbnb for CPUs. On the road to that vision, Dis.co is providing distributed batch computing services, letting developers focus on their code and data, and not with the plumbing around that.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
To play a key role in the product lifecycle and to establish a solid ground for an efficient development workflow by creating and utilizing automation tools and methodologies. We believe that QA and automation are essential to the success of the product and must be incorporated into the daily work of the developers. You will follow the development cycle from the beginning, focusing on many different aspects that will converge to a final state-of-the-art technology.
You will build tools that defines the developer’s workflow, along with tools that make the release process efficient and error prone, by having full ownership in your field of work.
- Plan, Design and implement test automation frameworks and tools to evaluate, create and maintain quality procedures.
- Plan, Design, develop and execute manual and automated tests
- Implement continuous testing environment.
- Experience (minimum of 3 years) in analyzing large and diverse systems, understanding of QA processes and procedures.
- Proven +3 years experience with coding in languages.
- Experience testing in public clouds such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- Familiar with different testing and deployment methodologies such as AB testing and blue/green deployments.
- Demonstrated testing experience (Test Definition & Execution) in the following fields: End to End testing, Regression, Integration, performance, stress, stability
- Background in developing test automation infrastructure and/or automating tests on a combination of Linux and Windows servers.
- B.Sc./B.A. University degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline (nice to have)
- Knowledge of storage networking protocols / file systems - an advantage
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.