MBA Intern - Ventures
This role is part of our Europe Ventures Team within Samsung NEXT organization
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
Samsung NEXT Europe is looking for an intellectually curious project intern to assist with a research project on the global mobile enterprise SaaS (Sofware as a Service) landscape. The project will include both desk research and interviews with entrepreneurs, and the intern will work closely with our investment director on crafting a narrative and materials (written and graphic) highlighting key findings. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker with excellent communication and analytical skills, who works well independently with good time management. This short but intense project is an ideal opportunity for MBA candidates interested to pursue a career in venture capital.
- Perform research and analysis on market size, trends and opportunities
- Conduct and analyze interviews with relevant start-ups and scale-ups
- Assist in the creation of both a written narrative summarizing findings as well as a keynote presentation
- MBA candidate. Previous experience in investment banking or consulting strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint (data analysis, graphic building, slide creation, etc.)
- Enthusiasm for startups, venture capital, and the innovation economy
- Bias for action; must be a self-starter who works well independently
- Hours: 4 per week for 4 weeks
- Location: Virtual, though London preferred
- Compensation: This is a paid internship
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ em