Machine Learning Engineer
This role is part of the Core team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization. The Core team is building today a set of large scale products that are directly linked with Samsung world wide and have the potential of capitalizing on Samsung’s massive consumer reach across mobile phones and smart TVs.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will build Machine Learning systems fusing and analysing multi-sensory signals to solve real-world challenges in real-time. We are looking for a candidate that has industry experience with Computer Vision (Machine Learning) and has worked with large data sets and in real-time. This position is located in our New York office.
- Work closely with our Engineering and Data teams in NYC, San Francisco and Korea to build real-time solutions for Smart Spaces by applying Computer Vision methods to this complex domain.
- Build models for Human Activity Detection and Recognition, Object Detection and tracking and Scene Segmentation in real-time
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve ML models/infrastructure and software that uses these models.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning (CV)
- Experience with machine learning frameworks
- Experience working in an Agile environment and within a distributed team
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Research experience in Deep Learning.
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early-stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.