Technical Product Manager, Platform/SDK
About Samsung NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
NEXT Product is in the early stages of creating a new hardware/software platform and we are looking for a strong technical product manager to leverage their previous experience to work closely with engineers, internal stakeholders, and third-party developers to drive the API/SDK strategy, roadmap and requirements.
This role requires a combination of deep technical understanding of APIs and SDKs, empathy for developer communities, and impeccable planning and coordination skills.
- Ensure the underlying platform supports the scenarios and use cases as articulated in the high-level product vision and strategy.
- Catalog and articulate technical requirements for APIs and SDK which will empower both first- and third-party developers to build apps and experiences on top of the platform with a focus on simplicity, speed-to-market (for partners/developers) and differentiation to attract developers to the platform.
- Coordinate with colleagues in HQ (South Korea) when needed
- Study competitors’ platforms and developer ecosystems and explore new ways of differentiating ours.
- Developer advocate: Spend time with third-party developers (in this early phase, this will be heavy on research and discovery to uncover the pains and needs)
- Own the Partner/Developer-facing tools, documentation and empowerment materials for the developer community. (minimal at first, but as the platform goes from proof-of-concept to growth stage, documentation will scale)
- Establish and own success criteria and metrics for the developer-side of the platform, to ensure we continue to attract, delight and retain developers on our platform.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline required (ie: Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Math).
- 5+ years of Technical Product Management experience.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- Distill customer feedback, keen platform understanding, and developers' needs into API and SDK strategy.
- Strong communication skills - be able to take the roadmap and break into the relevant user stories and epics and discuss the finer details of the implementation.
- Analytics Guru: If talking about tools like Google Analytics, Woopra, HotJar, and Segment.io makes you smile you are what we need
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.