Visual Communications Designer
This role is part of the Design team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT.
We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As a Visual Communications Designer, you will help set the visual quality and tone for the product narratives that the Global design group serves, participating in and servicing strategic initiatives supporting product, partnerships & strategy. You will work with Head of Design to design and execute on key visual artifacts and product stories that bring clarity to strategic narratives & proposed initiatives. Your work should motivate internal & external stakeholders across the organization and should be cohesive enough to drive brand guidance and guidelines. A successful candidate will have shown a strong track record of visual communications design and storytelling.
- Start and maintain processes to insert visual design artifacts into our marketing materials, and software narratives.
- Execute design work that elevates the visual narrative and unifies the strategic and partnership initiatives.
- Provide a high degree of Visual Design & visualization support for the office of the CIO.
- Be instrumental in designing for product demonstrations and product GUI specifications and prototypes, creating mechanisms to tell the product stories (demos, video & interactive prototypes)
- Assist in workshops & other processes to insert visual design and communication into our software development and branded deliverables
- Prepare visual narratives for new initiatives and reviews
- Participate in building and honing the visual quality and practice for Samsung NEXT
- Help create mechanisms to tell visual narratives (via demos, video & interactive prototypes)
- Observe, identify and optimize improvements for product experience across our global locations.
- 4+ years of high quality design strategy & production execution. Must show experience with prominent presentation applications and experience with executive level communications.
- 2+ years of experience working at a fast-paced startup environment.
- Highly proficient in Google Slides, Powerpoint, Apple Keynote and Photoshop.
- Ability to convey concepts quickly, and able to manage tight visual mockups through production-ready artwork.
- Ability to execute a strong POV on design execution and quality work product. Should illustrate a strong understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable with visually communicating precise detail, and preferably, a good sense of humor.
- Ability to take on ambiguous goals, drive clarity and deliver results under pressure.
- Must show strong design execution and experience in creatively leading initiatives
- Well-honed consultative and design skills
- Understands the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
- Self-starter who is intrinsically motivated and owns his/her own success metrics.
- Loves to have a lot of fun!
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.