Polish Localisation Tester
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Lincoln is on the lookout for talented Localisation Testers who possess a passion for Linguistics and Game Localisation. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Lincoln, UK.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Localisation Team provide high quality localisation on all Rockstar products and services.
- We work closely with all development teams to provide input during internationalisation and localisation development phases.
- We advise our external localisation teams with the information they need to provide high quality translation.
- We rigorously test all products and services to ensure final quality matches that which our end users expect on a Rockstar product.
- Provide linguistic and localisation development input and feedback during internationalisation.
- Proofread all translated text for all products and services.
- Perform localisation QA to ensure final product quality is as high as possible.
- Ensure that localised 1st party terminology is compliant with applicable naming conventions and brand guidelines.
- Perform ad hoc translations where necessary.
- Excellent language ability in the specific language (written/spoken), as well as cultural knowledge of the target territory.
- A keen interest in both video games and linguistics.
- A good level of spoken and written English.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
- The ability to work well under pressure and adhere to strict guidelines when necessary.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to not only identify localisation errors/problems, but to use creative thinking to provide quality solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- The ability to collaborate well within a team environment.
- A localisation or translation related degree.
- Previous games industry or localisation/translation experience.
- Knowledge of all the current and upcoming gaming hardware and trends.
- Experience with localisation software tools.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CMS tools.
- Salary: £21,000 plus benefits.
- If you have a work permit, please provide details of your nationality, the issue date and expiration date. If you are short-listed for interview, you will be asked to provide documentation in support of your legal right to work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar Games recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.