At Rockstar Games we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is seeking an efficient and well-organized individual to join our Administration team as an Office Assistant on a full-time permanent basis, including some overtime and weekends. Your tasks will range from providing business administrative duties to ensuring administrative processes run smoothly.
This position will be the first line of communication for visitors and callers to our office as well as a resource for our staff. Thus, a strong desire to help others and a commitment to represent the studio in a professional and friendly manner will be essential. The ideal candidate will also have the flexibility to handle changing tasks and priorities on a daily or hourly basis.
We are looking for someone who will bring energy, passion, and a strong work ethic to compliment the Company's culture. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to enhance their skills and experience within a diverse and varied Administration role, so a thirst for knowledge and self-development will be a key feature of the successful applicant. The ideal candidate will be proactive, resourceful, be able to prioritize their time effectively and work well to deadlines.
- Maintain and oversee all aspects of the Reception area.
- Ensure any studio visitors are properly approved, register with reception, and sign an NDA.
- Maintain visual contact of all visitors, messengers, and delivery people until they exit reception.
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls.
- Ship and receive mail and packages.
- Update calendars, schedule meetings, and manage room bookings.
- Coordinate daily front desk activities and employee-related functions.
- Provide administrative support to the Office Manager, directors and senior management.
- Clerical receptionist duties such as maintaining files and records, photocopying, transcribing, and faxing.
- Make restaurant reservations on short notice.
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock.
- Meet and greet visitors providing studio tours where applicable.
- Assist in vendor/supplier relationship management.
- Assist Office Manager where required in providing facilities support.
- Support the Office Manager in the management and coordination of internal events, including liaising with suppliers and other third parties.
- Order overtime meals or lunches as needed (individual meals/group meals) while taking into consideration dietary needs, allergies, or restrictions.
- Prepare documents, reports and presentations as required.
- 2+ years previous experience as an Office Assistant.
- Experience using MS Office applications including Excel, Outlook, Word, and use of databases.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work well under pressure, and to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Customer service attitude.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- High school degree; additional certification in Office Management.
- Experience working within the Creative Industries – video games, film, television, music (desirable).
- Valid Drivers License and reliable transportation.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.