Technical Project Manager
Rockstar Games is seeking a Technical Project Manager to work with the Information Technology team at our New York City headquarters. The Project Manager will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies and highly-skilled teams in developing and implementing technology solutions for Rockstar.
This is in an incredible opportunity to increase your knowledge and further develop your skills as an IT professional while making a positive impact on a variety of projects. The Project Manager will be responsible for management of the entire project lifecycle from project conception through implementation and deployment.
- Management of the end-to-end delivery of large, complex, multi-staged Information Technology projects across all multiple divisions according to the IT PMO Methodology.
- Work across multiple business levels and geographies to keep global projects on time and on budget.
- Maintain a strong understanding of enterprise level technology solutions including hosting, enterprise software solutions and hardware implementation projects.
- Communicate with staff and technology teams, gathering information, diagnosing issues, and providing regular and timely updates to the teams and management.
- Be able to respond to critical requests during off hours.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business or another related major.
- At least 5 years of direct experience managing IT projects with a proven track record of managing successful projects.
- Strong resource management skills. Ability to distribute resources across multiple projects based on priority and availability.
- Ability to understand and analyze financial data e.g. costs/ benefits analysis, ROI, capitalization rules, etc.
- Must be able to generate, explain, and present detailed schedules, objectives, reports, and other documentation accurately
- Ability to identify and set milestones and provide clear expectations for the project team.
- Ability to work directly with the technology teams to ensure successful implementation of custom IT solutions.
- Ability to utilize and integrate various project management frameworks and methodologies in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in motivating team members.
- Understanding of traditional and agile project management techniques.
- Knowledge of infrastructure technologies including IT security, network, telecommunications, virtualization and distributed computing platforms, and application development.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent trainer and has experience with change management.
- PMI membership and PMP certification is a plus.