Rockstar Games is looking for Lighting Artists who possess the ability to light our environments, cutscenes and characters for AAA video game titles. This position has a large impact on multiple departments and drastically affects the look and feel of the game.
- Create and maintain all elements of lighting i.e. dynamic, prebaked, interior and exterior setups, cinematic set and character lighting.
- Ensure that all lighting deliverables are completed fully and in line with production schedule.
- Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements for real time game application.
- Keep artistic style consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- Work with design to make sure lighting accentuates missions, objectives and game flow.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Sound knowledge and use of lighting techniques in the video game or VFX industries.
- Demonstrable experience with 3DS Max, Photoshop, After Effects and other 3rd party software or tools used in the production of environment and character lighting.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Game experience preferred.
- Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered.