Rockstar New England is looking for a talented Visual Effects Artist to create stunning visual effects for our titles. The ideal candidate will show strong attention to detail backed up with excellent technical understanding and ability to achieve optimum results. Industry experience or equivalent preferred and all applications should be accompanied with examples of work.
- Create a wide range of high quality particle effects using proprietary particle tools and various 3rd party software.
- Collaborate effectively with other team disciplines (code, design, environment art, animation).
- Demonstrate creativity and technical ability within the constraints of console development.
- Develop assets optimized for current and next-generation consoles.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve visual effects related issues.
- Industry experience, demonstrating real-time particle effects.
- Strong understand of visual effects fundamentals and techniques.
- Ability to generate assets using 3rd party software, such as Houdini.
- Experience with data driven particle implementation.
- Self-motivated, with a strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Passion for Rockstar's games.
- Experience with HDA (Houdini Digital Asset) generation.
- Experience with rigid body simulations in Houdini.
- Experience with 3dsMax modeling and UV mapping.
- Multiple shipped titles.
Rockstar offers a competitive salary, benefits package and a great modern working environment. Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio link.