Annual Giving Campaigns Manager
Basic Function/Purpose of Position:
The Annual Giving Campaigns Manager is the cornerstone of our efforts to raise over $5M each year to our Operating Fund. They are a savvy designer and implementer of fundraising campaigns and are capable of running multiple efforts, to multiple audiences through both direct mail and digital channels. With an eye towards creating an engaging donor experience, this position takes a programmatic, digital approach to raising money from a large quantity of smaller donors and works closely with marketing on solicitation timing, brand voice and messages.
If you have been a for-profit digital email or direct mail campaigner and are looking to take your craft to a mission-oriented, environmentally focused cause, this is a great opportunity for you to practice your craft with more passion.
- Manage and evolve a well-established annual solicitation campaign calendar to optimize for results and donor experience.
- Develop programs targeted at specific segments of our donor population in order to optimize giving opportunities and strengthen donor retention.
- Manage production and implementation of digital, direct mail and integrated campaigns by:
- Working with Annual Giving and Communications staff to define and produce designs, themes, messages and timing.
- Ensuring that all accompanying digital assets like landing pages, donate pages, social media ads, automated gift receipts and gift acknowledgement letters and language are coordinated and aligned by campaign.
- Using Wordpress, define and maintain campaign donation pages on our website.
- Ensuring that all accompanying print package elements are coordinated and complete.
- Incorporating monthly plans, corporate matching and year end match incentives into campaigns as needed.
- Working with your manager to establish budgets and execute campaigns within approved cost allocations.
- Tracking results and reporting on performance.
- Digital Campaigns:
- Using Pardot, build and execute 8 to 12 multi-part email campaigns.
- Write campaign copy that will engage and convert audiences as segmented.
- Select and edit photography as needed to support campaign emails and webpages.
- Manage automated activity in Pardot associated with digital campaigns, including CRM integration, variable copy, automations and scheduling.
- Manage engagement drip campaigns in cooperation and coordination with our Digital Marketing Manager.
- Work closely with external vendors as needed.
- Direct Mail Campaigns:
- Produce up to 12 new donor acquisition and renewal campaigns annually.
- Draft copy, select images, collaborate on print design, and proof materials to drive donations from specific donor and prospect audiences.
- Work with external vendors to accurately deliver direct mail campaign strategy, design, print and execution.
- Communicate campaign plans clearly across the organization and incorporate feedback as necessary.
- Measure and report on campaign performance through the use of data dashboards and other reporting tools as needed.
- Evaluate and strive for continuous process improvement and efficiency whenever possible.
Manage external vendors for direct mail production and execution regularly with occasional oversight needed for digital contract support.
● 4+ years of non-profit fundraising campaign execution.
● Strong knowledge of solicitation frameworks, approaches and components.
● Outstanding written fundraising communication skills including copyediting and proofreading for print and digital deployment.
● Strong organizational and project management skills are key along with the aptitude for managing multiple projects concurrently.
● Experience with email marketing and marketing automation is required. Pardot exposure a plus, but 1-2 years of experience with a marketing automation system is necessary.
● Knowledge of Salesforce NPSP preferred.
● Ability to work with stakeholders both within and outside of the organization.
● General understanding of social media platforms and their use in fundraising.
● Experience in managing mail houses and direct mail vendors is strongly preferred.
● Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
● Some experience with Adobe Creative Suite, web content management systems like Wordpress and Microsoft Office are preferred.
● Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
● This position may require limited weekend work.