Director, Talent & Development
- Identify, evaluate, and recruit on-air talent (hosts, reporters, analyst, play-by-play reporters, and studio guests, etc.), for the Pac-12 Networks
- Negotiate contracts/agreements for on-air talent and/or guests
- Collaborate with producers and the content team to create a strategy around scheduling on-air talent for events
- Manage departmental budget and track costs across multiple platforms
- Partner with the finance department to facilitate and process timely payments for all talent services
- Provide operational on-site management for talent at studio shoots, conference championships and various other special events as needed
- Work closely with Pac-12 Networks’ Programming, Content, Audience Development, Sales, Data, and Communication teams in the management and development of on-air talent to raise consumer awareness, and to drive ratings, online traffic, etc.
- Provide guidance, preparation, and feedback to on-air talent regarding on-camera performance
- Work with University Relations and Content departments to develop student or graduate on-air talent and reports.
- Must be able to travel on occasion
- Other duties as assigned
- Existing relationships with the on-air talent community, agents, managers, publicists, etc. in order to effectively cast on-air talent, celebrity guests, etc.
- Strong communications and relationship building skills
- Experience as a talent manager and/or talent producer on sports-related programming
- Experience in successfully negotiating talent contracts and agreements
- Highly organized, with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects while effectively meeting deadlines
- Ideally, experience with college sports content and a passion for college athletics
- Full appreciation of the values/culture of Pac-12 Networks and Pac-12 Conference, with the ability to excel within these environments and interact with all constituents (Conference, universities, Networks, etc.) in a highly effective manner