About the Department
The legal department is responsible for providing legal advice and expertise in a variety of areas, including business transactions, litigation, compliance, and risk management. The legal department also manages the negotiation of contracts and participates in the development of organizational policies and procedures.
The Paralegal is a skilled, detail-minded and highly organized individual who provides key daily support to the Legal, Compliance & Business Affairs Department. The Paralegal will work independently and interface with staff, management and third parties under the supervision of the Senior Vice President.
- Support the administration of a contract management and e-signature system, including developing necessary protocols, and providing reporting and analytical support.
- Prepare, edit and proofread correspondence and documents, including reviewing and revising non-disclosure, consulting, and vendor agreements and related amendments, and ensuring necessary approvals and execution.
- Build contract templates and guideline documents.
- Respond to intellectual property claims, including investigating and drafting replies to pre-litigation claims, and maintaining related records.
- Support the development of training materials and procedures.
- Assist with drafting, planning and/or implementing compliance policies across different business units.
- Perform legal and internet research.
- Ensure all records, documents, and department work are effectively organized.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Senior Vice President, General Counsel and other members of the team.
- At least 3 years’ paralegal experience in a law firm or in-house legal department.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or paralegal certification.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment, even in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to interpret and prepare legal documents and communications.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Strong prioritization, efficiency and organization skills needed to independently handle business units’ requests.
- Prioritizes internal and external interactions and responds appropriately.
- Sound judgment in understanding when to engage attorney supervisors when providing support and communicating with third parties.
- Ability to be proactive and to work independently, but also successfully co-exist within a small team.
- Ability to exercise a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- New York Notary Public qualification is a plus.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer