Assistant Manager, Experiential Events
About the Department
The Experiential Events team is responsible for the execution of all hospitality, media operations, entertainment production, and expo and experiential events for all of NYRR’s events. As a member of this team, the assistant manager position will have an opportunity to support in functions outside the main entertainment responsibilities.
About the Position
This position will report to the Director, Experiential Events, and will focus on assisting with the planning and execution of events within NYRR’s live entertainment portfolio, from ceremonies and musical acts at large-scale events, to audio systems and scripting for weekly races and more intimate conferences and meetings. The end result must be a first-class presentation with concentration on client and customer satisfaction while making sure all internal and external partner obligations are fulfilled.
Job Responsibilities (primary and secondary duties):
- Assist with the development of production plans for events and activations requiring live entertainment and stage management, inclusive of: sourcing and contracting vendors, building entertainment components, creating playlists, and drafting scripts and run of shows
- Maintain relationships with existing roster of announcers and anthem singers, and schedule them as needed for events
- Support the management and design of different non-race production events and award ceremonies
- Build logistical plans for clear and concise on-site event execution
- Prepare and manage event budgets and vendor contracts, and process invoices and payments in a timely manner
- Assist with the production of brand and partner activations surrounding marquee events, which range from large scale race festivals to smaller course entertainment zones
- Support the team in collaborating with other departments to enhance experiential projects and deepen the brand connection, discuss and identify key success metrics and deliver on them
- Work with the overall events department to support in areas outside of entertainment – hospitality, expo planning, race logistics, and staff management
- Other duties and department projects as assigned
- Minimum 1-2 years of event project management. Experience with entertainment / stage production background is a plus.
- Awareness of industry best practices in staging, audio, lighting, talent management, scripting, and production coordination aspects of live entertainment events
- Experience in experiential marketing events and brand activation
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Skills and Attributes:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail and process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and driven professional, able to self-motivate and innovate
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed, especially in an outdoor environment. Eager and ready to jump in and help, and constantly keep learning.
- Knowledge of Visio, 2D/3D CAD, and/or desktop drafting is a plus
- Ability to lift heavy equipment greater than 25lbs.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer