Public Media Account Executive - KJZZ
Do you love Public Media?
Combine Your Love of Sales with Your Affinity for KJZZ
Market Enginuity is seeking a determined and persuasive sales professional to join our public media local sales team representing KJZZ in Phoenix, AZ. This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative person to generate sponsorship revenue for radio, on-demand audio, digital media and events. Make an impact while working with a team of smart, creative, collaborative colleagues.
In this outside sales position, you will sell broadcast, digital media and event sponsorships by developing new business and growing an account list.
An account executive in public media is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local digital media. In this consultative sales role, you will make sales calls to decision makers at local businesses to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a full life-cycle sales position – you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals supported by relevant research, secure the sale, develop copy and service the account.
Key Qualities and Skills You Possess
- Experience in media sales or agency – 3+ years in print or digital preferred
- 4-year degree in marketing, business, communications or related field
- Passion for public media – we’re looking for a BIG fan that is knowledgeable about KJZZ programming and events
- Ability to open doors and close new business by using a disciplined sales process
- Capacity to gather market data and create a story to sell multiple media platforms
- Knack for cultivating in-person and virtual relationships built on service, trust and credibility. Patient yet persistent to manage a longer sales cycle.
- Persuasive verbal communication skills and written presentation skills
- Collaborative personality, respectful, supportive and professional
- Positive attitude and thoughtful demeanor
- Commitment to professional, timely execution of responsibilities
- Time and resource management skills
- Technology skills: CRM, Excel and PowerPoint
Market Enginuity Offers
- Market competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family: medical, dental, vision, life, disability, accident, critical illness and pet insurances, tax-favored spending accounts, employee assistance program, and retirement savings 401(k) plan
- Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits with Paid Time Off and holidays
- Smart, creative, and collaborative colleagues
- Core values that serve as the foundation of our culture and are infused into the way we work
About Market Enginuity
Market Enginuity fuels mission-driven, educational and inspiring independent media to benefit stations, producers, sponsors and audiences.
Our affinity with public media began personally as viewers, listeners and donors to our hometown stations. For almost two decades we’ve increased our contributions, building the largest team in the country that specializes in corporate sponsorship sales. The passion is still personal and carried by more than 150 people ingrained in the communities where we live and work. Market Enginuity attracts the best people who together create the standard of excellence for corporate support in public media in nearly 20 markets across the country.
About Our Client: KJZZ | K-BACH
KJZZ, an award-winning, listener-supported public radio station broadcasting to the Phoenix, Arizona metropolitan area, inspires lifelong learning for over 1,200,000 monthly listeners. As the NPR member station for the region, KJZZ features a mix of local, national and world news, including BBC, American Public Media and Public Radio International. With the largest radio newsroom in the Southwest and only NPR affiliate to host an international business desk, KJZZ presents local stories and examines the regional impact of national and global events.
K-BACH makes classical music accessible to a cross-generational audience with friendly and educational commentary, composers’ biographies and the up-to-date information on the local arts and culture scene. Connecting music lovers with local news and cultural events, K-BACH is the “Heart of the Arts” in the Valley.
The independent, educational missions of KJZZ and K-BACH inform decisions and inspire creativity.
Market Enginuity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender or gender identity (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.