Marcus Thomas is an agency with the deepest digital, social and creative teams in its weight class. But when it comes to our people, we’re a happy band of “commanders of the impossible.” Don’t tell us it can’t be done—we’ll always prove you wrong!
Marcus Thomas is seeking a freelance proofreader. Overall, this role ensures all agency documents, research papers, PowerPoint presentations and advertising artwork are error-free, compliant with agency standards and meet or exceed client expectations. We know the impossible is possible and we’re seeking candidates who know that too.
• Proofread text, proofs, layouts, Web pages, emails, plans and proposals, newsletters and releases, lengthy research papers and other documents as required
• Indicate errors and required corrections for spelling, punctuation, capitalization, numbers and grammar using traditional proofreaders’ marks
• Use checklists, client style sheets and other tools to catch inconsistencies and verify information such as phone numbers, URLs, product names and trademarks
• Create, update and maintain style guides for both the agency and its clients to be followed by all agency personnel
• Provide proofreading and style training as needed
• Assist with special projects as assigned
• Rigorous attention to detail and quality – an eagle eye for catching errors
• Absolute flawless spelling and grammatical skills
• Minimum of three years’ experience as a proofreader in a professional services environment – prior advertising agency experience preferred
• Excellent time management and organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and be flexible with changing priorities
• An articulate, friendly, “whatever-it-takes” attitude, plus a strong work ethic
• Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to work well in a team environment and take direction from many individuals and disciplines