Business Development Coordinator
Marcus Thomas is an agency with the deepest digital, social, strategic and creative teams in its weight class. But when it comes to our people, we are “commanders of the impossible.” Don’t tell us it can’t be done—we’ll prove you wrong every time!
We’re searching for a talented account and business development professional ready to grow their career in the field of marketing. This individual will play a key role in managing the day-to-day business development efforts for the agency and its affiliate business units. The opportunity provides broad exposure to the field of marketing communications, along with the ability to collaborate with some really, smart people while becoming involved with important trends and technology influencing our business today.
- Overall, help the agency grow its business by initiating and managing developed leads on a continuous basis, and turning prospects into clients.
- Manage the operation of a business development CRM system to build relationships with prospective clients.
- Work with cross-functional agency teams in a project management capacity to create compelling agency presentations for potential clients.
- Optimize the use of a marketing automation platform to incubate business development opportunities.
- Prepare new business activity reporting for senior management.
- Coordinate activity and promotions with outside partners such as professional organizations and media outlets.
- Supervise the department’s intern (year-round program)
- Special projects as assigned.
- One to three years of experience in marketing communications, advertising or brand management – some experience within an agency (advertising, marketing, PR or digital) is preferred. Experience with high-profile clients is also a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communications, business or other related field.
- A background in project management/coordination, with emphasis on technology (web, app development, paid search and social media).
- Professional communication skills; compelling presentation writing experience is important, along with the ability to build positive rapport with others over the phone and in person.
- Exemplary organization skills – the ability to manage multiple tasks and moving parts in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment.
- A basic understanding of CRM and MAP technologies. MS Dynamics and Marketo experience is a plus.
- Fluency with MS Office – Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Confidence, integrity and professionalism necessary to represent the agency to its client(s) and prospects.
- An articulate, friendly, “whatever-it-takes” attitude, along with a strong work ethic. (A good sense of humor helps too.)
- Unbridled curiosity about the changing landscape of the marketing communications field.
- And most important, an absolute passion to help prospects understand the value we can bring to their business and their customers.