Assistant Account Executive/Web and Application Development
Marcus Thomas is an agency with the deepest digital and web/application development teams in its weight class. But when it comes to our people, we are “commanders of the impossible.” Don’t tell us it can’t be done—we’ll prove you wrong!
We’re seeking an assistant account executive who will be a hybrid: someone to assist clients in need of digital marketing solutions (web and application development), as well as a project manager to facilitate the work from start to finish. Along the way this person will work with digital producers, social strategists, analysts, search and creatives to aid in the production of the best work possible.
It takes a bit of a desire to learn some coding and a little experience helping clients navigate their digital marketing efforts to be successful in this role. We know the impossible is possible, and we’re seeking candidates who know that too.
- One to two years of experience at a digital, marketing communications or advertising agency working on web and application development – as an account executive, project manager or digital producer.
- A bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communications, business, digital media or other related field.
- Exemplary organizational and project management skills – the ability to manage multiple tasks and moving parts in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment.
- Uncompromising attention to detail. Consistently demonstrate a high degree of accuracy even when under pressure.
- Confidence, integrity and professionalism to represent the agency well to clients and prospects.
- An absolute passion to produce the impossible along with an articulate, friendly, “whatever-it-takes” attitude and strong work ethic.
- Experience working on, plus extensive knowledge of, large-scale, cross-channel digital solutions, including web (creation and redesign), content management systems, social, SEO and mobile.
- Familiarity and understanding of basic coding experience is desired.
- An understanding of analytics, tracking and measurement.
- Provide expert digital counsel to clients and serve as the translator between clients and our digital execution team.
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with internal team members − digital production, creative, user experience, search, social, analytics and development to coordinate large-scale digital projects. Clearly communicate client objectives to the team.
- Manage and be accountable for SOWs, project schedules, deliverables and budgets. Maintain/initiate communications with stakeholders; proactively provide recommendations if/when issues arise.
- Learn more about emerging trends and technologies, including mobile applications, the latest SEO strategies, and social trends and platforms.
- Work with and learn how content management systems work. This could include WordPress, Kentico, Sitecore, Ektron and others.
- Present agency ideas and work to the client with professionalism, enthusiasm and integrity.
- Work with agency, accounting and client leaders to analyze account profitability, ensuring the client is receiving real value and the agency is realizing a profit.
- Understand our clients’ businesses, including their technology, branding, marketing and business goals.
Due to the versatility and importance of this role, career advancement is virtually unlimited. Several career routes include account service leadership, digital production and project management. In this role, you’ll report to one of the best digital leaders and people developers in the business.
Title and compensation commensurate with experience and fit to role.