Marcus Thomas Careers
Job Description – Copywriter
Marcus Thomas is an agency with the deepest creative, digital, social and strategic teams in its weight class. But when it comes to our people, we are “commanders of the impossible.” Don’t tell us it can’t be done – we’ll prove you wrong every time!
We’re searching for an exceptional copywriter who is full of ideas; a conceptual creative with a book of work that proves it. We need our next copywriter to have one to three years of agency experience, an amazing portfolio, and the ability to write in a variety of styles and for diverse audiences.
- Write engaging copy and content that supports defined strategies, with the majority of assignments accepted by the creative director and our clients. And above that, produce concepts and work that receive positive recognition from the creative practice, staff and clients.
- Collaborate with art directors to develop strong concepts that meet advertising and marketing objectives.
- Develop the marketing story by leveraging necessary product background information and category knowledge to create an accurate, relevant, logical and persuasive copy flow.
- Continually push the message and copy on each assigned project. Leave everything you work on better than you found it.
- Establish tone for a variety of projects, including long copy, to ensure it’s consistent with the brand voice.
- Take an active interest in our clients’ businesses and develop solid knowledge of each client’s brand, product and most of all, the audience.
- Be accountable; meet deadlines and do what you say you’ll do.
- Work cooperatively and respectively with a variety of team members and disciplines, while following internal processes to develop creative work that reflects inspired thinking.
- A minimum of one to three years of experience as a copywriter within an agency.
- A killer book filled with amazing ideas, concepts and creative solutions that include a balance of produced digital, social and traditional work.
- Demonstrated excellence in concept development – a superior idea generator and thinker. Always asking a better question.
- A versatile writing background which includes long copy (including brochures and collateral), along with a flair for brevity.
- Ability to self-direct copy projects from start to finish.
- Passion for this business going as far as identifying emerging platforms and trends that drive innovation.
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines and juggle multiple priorities – thrive in an environment of rapid change.
- An articulate, friendly, “whatever-it-takes” attitude, along with a strong work ethic.
All candidates must provide a link to their portfolio to be considered.