Motion Graphics Artist/Videographer Intern
Marcus Thomas is an agency with the deepest digital, social and creative teams in its weight class. But when it comes to our people, we’re a happy band of “commanders of the impossible.” Don’t tell us it can’t be done – we’ll always prove you wrong!
We are seeking an exceptionally talented motion graphics artist/videographer intern to join our creative team. The ideal candidate for this role is attentive to detail, a team player and very passionate about the work they produce. If you are a self-starter, willing to work quickly and generate lots of ideas, you will be successful in this role. If you require a clear and detailed roadmap for each project, this is not the internship for you.
Education: Minimum completion of two years of higher education with photojournalism, photography and/or visual arts as a major.
- At least one year of proven graphics production experience
- Able to demonstrate understanding of compression formats for web distribution
- A strong sense of quality with regard to video and motion graphic production
- Experience with DSLR and video cameras/simple shoot setups for quick interviews or capturing live events
- Motion graphic animation – 2D animations and dynamic motion graphics (compositing/green screen a plus)
- Proficiency in After Effects
- Editorial experience a plus; ability to organize, edit video footage
- Some video and/or still production experience; shoot video/stills (knowledge of set lighting and sound a plus)
- Video and graphic distribution – understanding of codecs and output; exporting, filing master assets
- Graphic/illustration (or 3D animation) creation a plus
- Organizational and communication skills
- Work with minimum supervision and problem solve on a daily basis to meet various client demands
- Meet deadlines by delivering work with little to no errors. Working nights or weekends may often be required to achieve this.
- Organize files based on structure and naming conventions
- Evaluate content for effective presentation so that it is prepared for review and rough cuts